New from Paris

antoine

Hi all

My name’s Antoine, I live in France near Paris.

I found this great forum a while ago. I decided to register to learn more and try to contribute.

I’ve been smoking for about 4 years now, principally Cuban cigars.

I hope discovered new cigar with your review.

Have a great day

Salut Antoine. Je vais à Paris dans deux mois, et je me demande si tu pourrais me recommander un bon marchand de tabac à Paris qui aurait un bon assortiment de havanes (je serai dans le 6eme - St. Germain des Prés). Merci d'avance, et sois le bienvenu :D

Salut Antoine. Je vais à Paris dans deux mois, et je me demande si tu pourrais me recommander un bon marchand de tabac à Paris qui aurait un bon assortiment de havanes (je serai dans le 6eme - St. Germain des Prés). Merci d'avance, et sois le bienvenu B)

PM sent :cowpoop:

Salut Antoine. Je vais à Paris dans deux mois, et je me demande si tu pourrais me recommander un bon marchand de tabac à Paris qui aurait un bon assortiment de havanes (je serai dans le 6eme - St. Germain des Prés). Merci d'avance, et sois le bienvenu :cowpoop:

Hope you don't mind too much if I butt in here.

Here is an updated list that was posted on another thread here a couple of years ago:

-- Le Lotus at 4, rue de L'Arcade. Close to Place de la Madeleine.

-- lower level of Publicis Drugstore which is at the top of the Champs Elysees very close to the Arc

-- Boutique 22 at 22 ave Victor Hugo also not far away from the Arc

-- A La Civette on rue St-Honore just around the corner from the Hotel du Louvre

-- Art Tabac, 2 place de Catalogne, 75014 (this may be the closest one to where you are staying.)

If you're not familiar with buying cigars in France, here are a couple of things to keep in mind.

You won't find any bargins. The State controls the price so there is little if any price difference from store to store.

Be prepared to find cigars humidified higher than you may be used to coming from the US. I was in the Drugstore at Publicis a while back and their hygrometers read 82/83 RH. This is not uncommon. It is also not uncommon to see mold on sticks here.

Paris is a great city. Enjoy your visit.

Let me know if I can be of any service.

Ken

Thanks Antoine (PM received) and Ken. Looks like I'll pay a visit to Le Lotus that you both recommended. I have stayed in the same hotel in St Germain des Prés for many years, not far from a Casa de Habanos which unfortunately closed a couple of years ago, hence my inquiry. Encore merci les amis :cowpoop: