Christmas Cigar/Drink Recommendations

With Christmas right around the corner, was seeking cigar/drink combo recommendations. Currently smoke PC's daily, but with a little extra time on my hands am open to smoking any size cigar. Rum based drinks always a favorite.

My preferred combo for this time of year is most definitely for the one who doesn't mind treating their sweet tooth. Cohiba Robusto or a Diplo 2 with a nip of Hennessey Paradis. A simply divine mix which in my opinion is hard to beat, especially for a colder climate. If you don't want to pay for the Paradis, XO would suffice.

If you've not tried it before, give any cigar + Grand Marnier a try. I found GM brought out subtleties in a Monte Sublimes I had never noticed before.

I usually drink the Louis Alexandre Grand Marnier, the blue label, but the baseline red label is just as good with a cigar!

Well I've gutta work till boxing day :rolleyes:

Then I will be sitting down to a Cohiba Robusto HQ and a

nice drop of Zacapa XO and I will be in heaven :D

Sharks

Any cigar ask at least two types of combo: one for 1\2 half and next last half of cigar. I preffer begin from sweet desert wine (Port, Sherry, Pinot de Charantes, Malaga etc.) and finish with grape distillate (brandy 5 and more years of aging, armagnac, cognac, brandy de jerez) or rum under 7 y.o.

Alcohol-free my prefferate list inclusive black tea, mate, roibush tea of course with cane sugar addings))

Most favorit combo:

PSD 4

1\2 - Jerez "Don Guido" Pedro Ximenez 20 y.o. Williams & Humbert

2\2 - Cognac Leopold Gourmel Age des Epices (XO more than 10 y.o.)

George T Stagg on ice paired up with a BBF.

If I get in the mood for something sweet I mix a strong Makers Mark and apple cider. There is a farm stand by my home that produces unfiltered fresh apple cider.

I'm in agreement with Colt and Ken...

During X-Mas I like to pair my cigar with Champagne (French of American), even Proseco - earlier during the day.

Mid-day I would likely pair my cigar with either a red wine (Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon) or ale (Dogfish Head 90 minute or 120 minute IPA).

In the evenings...I prefer my cigar with rum (Ron Zacapa 23), bourbon (Woodford Reserve) or scotch (Macallan 12yo).

This year I may actually have to drink some egg nog. I've never been a fan, but my wife who does drink the stuff got a new recipie involving coconut which she insists I try. While I have seen there are some who pair a good rum infused nog with a cigar, I'm not sure it is for me.

I know thechenman mentioned trying it, but c'mon, guys - this time of year its all about a good eggnog with some of the Captain's reserve! Looking forward to pairing that with 898s, Inmensas, and Monte 2s.

If the eggnog gets old for me, I'll switch to either some Macallans (17 or 21 fo) or a selection of Belgian Ales.

Whatever the combo may be for you (soda water/lime/lemon/bitters included), just be sure to enjoy every moment...

I discovered this year a fantastic value sherry, the Lustau East India. Drink this with Christmas cake and a Cohiba Piramide 06 EL. Those three are a match made in heaven.

I know we often pair cigars with sweet beverages such as port...though has anyone here tried pairing a cigar with good Tokaji or Sauternes? If so would love to hear about your experience.

I know we often pair cigars with sweet beverages such as port...though has anyone here tried pairing a cigar with good Tokaji or Sauternes? If so would love to hear about your experience.

Have successfully paired vintage sauternes with both a PLPC and Juan Lopez Sel. 1.

agree with colt re fizz. perfect time of year.

rum drinks also spot on.

for something a touch hedonistic, try a moscato. odd combo but i think it often works. and a fair whack cheaper than the top fizz.

The moscato sounds intriguing. What cigars do you recommend pairing with it?

That is very cool Bart and true to your Italian heritage. I was just telling my wife about limoncello a couple of days ago.

i made a lemoncello a few years back - not sure where i got the recipe - and it turned out a cracker. a friend has a lemon tree on their farm which had gone beserk. took it along to one of our top italian restaurants and they loved it. but NEVER again. it took me hours and hours, scraping and grating lemon peels. a once only.