Punch Royal Seclection No 11 - MGT ABR 07

asmith

One of the proposed cigar that will be deleted next year, so Rob and Ken sat down quickly to review this cigar.

<!--id1--><div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div><!--id2-->

The Monte Open's are selling like hotcakes ? well with the marketing machine bullsh1t pushing it then it's no wonder.

This world has gone to hell. The dice are loaded, the table's tilted, and i'm tired of worrying every single year over what will be deleted next. As for Habanos SA, gracias hijos de puta.

Thanks for the review.

Great video review guys. My favorite Punch cigar. Let's hope I won't need to stock up on them.

Great review guys (as usual )

Like ken i have never had the good luck to try these smokes,but from your review they would seem to be magnificent

Right up my ally as to speak, lets just hope they can be saved

as we all know Histories Dust bin is not always full of rubbish :huh:

Cheers Oz :party:

Great review guys.. I must admit I have never had any real inkling to try one of these as punch hasn't impressed me as much as some other brands, but this review will definitely change that. They sound delightful.

Great review, I've tried 2 from a box with the same code and both have been just as you stated, still working with a box of 06's which also are great.

And although I've never tried a Monte Open, I agree that is really sad that so many truely distinct and top quality cigars have not been bigger sellers, Punch RS11? & SS1, Partagas Corona, Boli Inmenesa, Dip #3, Etc.

• 4 months later...

Hi fellas,

I'm new to your video reviews and enjoy them greatly. I live in the UK and have a good supplier in Geneva - I spotted that they had boxes of the Punch RS#11 of box code MGT ENE 07. From your review I decided to take a chance and buy a box, having never even actually sampled this particular Punch before. This is some feat, as a full box purchase is rare for me, currently being a poor, recent graduate!

What a delightful cigar! Rich box aroma and a dusting of bloom on the wrappers. I have smoked only one as I not long recieved them and they do need a good month plus to regulate to a slightly lower humidity. Everything you guys said was there, I even noticed that "minty" taste Ken mentioned in the opening, though I likened it maybe more to a sort of fresh, green tea. The example I smoked was also medium, rather than medium-full, for the most part, save for the final third which became fuller and, as you say, earthier.

The burn and draw were absolutely perfect, giving a very white ash. Construction throughout the box seems impeccable.

There was a general and subtle champagne character to the flavour of the cigar. I've only ever experienced this before in rare and very well aged Havanas.

I'd like to thank you heartily for leading me to buy these cigars.

Happy smoking!

PS, on the Montecristo Open - I only tried one example of the Junior, which was as well rolled as it is possible for a cigar of that size, and it was indeed as completely bland as crackers...though not even good to eat with cheese, absolute junk.