Cigar Magazine

I've yet to find a cigar magazine that isn't full of tools, shyte non-cuban cigar reviews and poncy adverts with guys in tuxes. Do yourself a favour and subscribe to a mag about something you like (motorbikes or whatever) or something useful (Economist, Nat Geo etc) and enjoy a cigar whilst reading it.

That be my advice lado

:P

The radio program is easier :D

And a lot more cost effective i would imagine ^_^

Still who knows what the future holds :thinking:

Cheers Oz ^_^

Hi acidmase,

I have just subscribed to ECCJ and I must say that I truly enjoy It's contents.

Cigars and more cigars, great articles and interviews ,well, maybe a bit too much

on NC's sometimes, but on the whole, all of the magazine focuses on cigars.

Cigar Aficionado has become a magazine for guys who like to collect expensive

watches and who play golf all day like Marvin Shanken. Only 12% of CA is cigar

related articles compared to 66.7% in ECCJ. I think that says it all. :thinking:

I subscribe to both CA and ECCJ...I also subscripe to CM (Cigar Magazine). All of the have some foucs on Habanos as well a cigars from other countries, but ECCJ would have the biggest Habanos focus. There are many other magazines as well that I see lying around the lounge of my local B&M, though I haven't really flipped through any of them as I am usually more engaged in conversation or the game that is on when there.

I've yet to find a cigar magazine that isn't full of tools, shyte non-cuban cigar reviews and poncy adverts with guys in tuxes. Do yourself a favour and subscribe to a mag about something you like (motorbikes or whatever) or something useful (Economist, Nat Geo etc) and enjoy a cigar whilst reading it.

That be my advice lado

X2 :D

I'm not quite as critical of cA because "it is what it is"... the biggest problem is that the last few issues all had been interviews of nonsmokers. That gets annoying.

I'm still waiting for my first issue of ECCJ.

Cigar snob is the "Maxim" of cigar mags... they put there whole mag online so really no reason to subscribe.

Cigar Magazine is just a little too geeky and repetitive.

Cigar Press was ok, but it geeky like Cigar Magazine and it reads as a recap of what you just read on message boards two months ago.

I looked at some of the online articles on ECCJ and liked what I saw. Can anyone tell me if it's always printed in parallel German and English? If so, might be a good way for me to brush up on my rusty German, as well.

-- Gary F.

Gary...ECCJ is printed in both German and English. The English is printed alongside the German text...usually on the next page. Easy to read. I recommend it. There is an all English version that they are experimenting with right now. Who knows they may soon publish an all English version. Check out this link for the English version online...

ECCJ Engllish Version

Gary...ECCJ is printed in both German and English. The English is printed alongside the German text...usually on the next page. Easy to read. I recommend it. There is an all English version that they are experimenting with right now. Who knows they may soon publish an all English version. Check out this link for the English version online...

ECCJ Engllish Version

I think you misunderstood my question... I *like* the one that has both the English and German text together. Gives me a chance to practice my German (I lived there for three years). I was hoping it was always that way, I don't think I'd be that interested in the straight English version.

-- Gary F.

I think you misunderstood my question... I *like* the one that has both the English and German text together. Gives me a chance to practice my German (I lived there for three years). I was hoping it was always that way, I don't think I'd be that interested in the straight English version.

-- Gary F.

Oops...sorry about that.

Another to take a look at is Smoke. I think you'll find that they all must rely on advertising to exist. Chen, thanks for the link to the edition of ECCJ -

I think it's cool they allow you to print it out as well.

As an aside, our own Habanablue writes for ECCJ, and I believe there is an upcoming article with Trevor2118.

Yah, someone should put out a cigar magazine of real people smoking cigars, along with cigar news, etc. Don't give us advertisements of these cats smoking in a tuxedo or in some outrageously expensive bar. Every couple pages put in some hot pics of the girl-next door or some useful knowledge like what Scotch to drink. Can even have some football, baseball, or basketball stats. Give some cigar gadget info while you are at it. Maybe a section on humidor issues. Maybe a section on a certain cigar and what people taste. A lot of people don't know what you mean about what "woodsy" or "cedar" or "vanilla, cream, etc." tastes like. At least if someone says they taste that, and when someone smokes that cigar picks up on that and identifies with that flavor, they can pick it up next time.

Leaf Lover

As an aside, I've been reading the ECCJ special edition thanks to the link provided by Chenman, and found the article "Being Number One"

especially interesting. In particular, I thought the section "A Changing Approach" to be fairly relevant to the ongoing discussions concerning

upcoming deletions.