Deletions 2010...

Which 2010 deletion would you save?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Habanos SA eliminates the Partagas SduC line they abandon hisory, tradition and all that is good about "old school". All this new RE and EL is crap replacing real cigars.

As Habanos SA eliminates the Partagas SduC line they abandon hisory, tradition and all that is good about "old school". All this new RE and EL is crap replacing real cigars.

Mel, my friend, I hope the new year finds you well. Cheers amigo! -R

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a punch RS11 and a diplo 4 tonight. first time trying both. the rs11 was from 06 and it was spectacular. the diplo was nice as well, though it could use some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how long does it take for these to be generally unavailable (for current prizes)?

Few months? A Year or two?

I want to buy few boxes of connies, diplo 4's and LGC's before it's too late. I may have to buy a new humidor box too! :lol3:

Does anyone know how long does it take for these to be generally unavailable (for current prizes)?

Few months? A Year or two?

I want to buy few boxes of connies, diplo 4's and LGC's before it's too late. I may have to buy a new humidor box too! :covermouth:

It can vary depending on how much stock is left in the warehouses and held in inventory be retailers, but chances are you will be able to find them for a few years, it will just get harder and harder each passing year. The Dip 4 and Connies seem to be selling more briskly...as does the Punch RS 11. Those will likely be some of the first to go the way of the dodo bird.

It can vary depending on how much stock is left in the warehouses and held in inventory be retailers, but chances are you will be able to find them for a few years, it will just get harder and harder each passing year. The Dip 4 and Connies seem to be selling more briskly...as does the Punch RS 11. Those will likely be some of the first to go the way of the dodo bird.

Thanks. It might be like EL's: The most sought after ones are sold fast and others can be found many years after.

• 2 months later...

Everyone seems to agree what is worth saving:

- Dip 4

- LGC no.1

- Punch RS11 and maybe 12

- Partagas Serie du Connaisseur

... which when you think about it is no mean feat considering everyone's diverging preferences.

I agree totally, all of the above cigars have provided me with exceptional smoking experiences!! Can't say the same for the rest on the list. I emailed Habanos executives as per our guerilla campaign last year - but have yet to receive a reply no surprises there. Did anyone get anything back - maybe those who sent letters?

• 1 month later...
As someone who still has a lot to learn, I wonder if someone could explain the codes following the cigar names, e.g.:

SLB-UW-GPSR-M-n-50 (Following ERDM Choix Suprême), etc.

Thanks

I just saw/caught up to this thread, and saw no one replied to this for you Freddy.

If you go to this page on Trevor's webpage, it explains it, about 3/4 of the way down the page: http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/info-pack...s_Packing_Codes

(Look for "Habanos Packing Codes", just past the section with the warranty seal and other stickers).

Basically, the order works out to: pack type - material - fixing or packing - layers - cigar finish - total cigars

So, that means that the code you listed shows it's a "Sliding Lid Box", "Unfinished Wood" (as compared to Varnished), both "Glassine Paper & Silk Ribbon" packing , "Bundle" of natural (no tubos finishing or something like that) cigars numbering 50.

Hope that you're still watching this thread, Freddy.

As for me with this deletion list, I'm all about the Diplomaticos No. 4 - for a niche cigar, I'm sure it applies that more people enjoy these compared to some others on that list, due to their low price point. It would be interesting to know what the overall sales numbers are for these deleted cigars, to compare each deletion to each other. But, it's a mute point - every cigar has a fan base.

But I'm just amazed at the Dip 4 deletion.