Hello from Russia, New Zealand

inthebox555

Hey Guys

I live in Russia half the year and in New Zealand the other half. Im going to Dubai tomorrow, In the airport there is a great selection of Cigars. :D I dont smoke cigarettes and never tried a Cigar!!! Virgin i know. Im looking a buying some for my first time. What do you guys recomend for my first time? Im thinking of :

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No2 and No1

Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos

H. Upmann Connaisseur No 1

and El Ray Del Mondo Choix Supreme

I have read this are all Mild.

Thanks in advance

Mild is a relative term.

I don't have much experience yet with CCs but I can recommend the HDM Epi 2 - very approachable.

You will need to try few cigars and some time to pass until you understand your preferences. Do not give much credit for flavour descriptions you read - it is very subjective and depends on many things.

All the cigars you mentioned are relatively mild. IMHO the best intro cigar for someone new to cigars would be the Choix Supreme. HdMs are more on the mellow side as far as Cuban cigars go, except for those in the Le Hoyo line.

Добро пожаловать!

Regarding your cigar choice. Why not just start off with the best ones?

I didn't ignite my passion for cigars by smoking HdMs and ERDMs. I started with Partagas, Montecristo, Cohiba and Punch. If you try these cigars and DON'T like them, then Cubans are probably not your cup of tea.

However, if the ones you listed are the only ones you can choose, then I'd probably go with the Choix Supreme.