Red Alert!

Rob,

I have heard that the entire Partagas Serie Connoisseur line is scheduled for cancellation. Sir, can you please confirm or deny said information?

If this is true we have gotta' start the pots and commence rendering the tallow from a few folks.... butt quick! My tar and feathering supplies are at hand as well and ready for application!

- the diligent Pig

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep... this is the list I want authentication on and want to raise hell over.

Grades de Espana as well as others. **** ME! I AM SOO PISSED I COULD **** A PITCHFORK!!!!

Now THAT... is pissed off! I agree... Diplo #4s?! LGC #1, #3?!! OMG I love half the cigars on that list!

Yep... this is the list I want authentication on and want to raise hell over.

Grades de Espana as well as others. **** ME! I AM SOO PISSED I COULD **** A PITCHFORK!!!!

- the antagonist Pig

What sucks is you know these will turn up as LE's or RE's. . . :buddies:

That list is crazy...there are so many classics on that list...it's hard to believe. Then again...this is Habanos SA we're talking about. I sometimes wonder if these lists are leaked just to get us to stock up on our favorite vitolas within the various marcas with most never being discontinued? Maybe others who have smoking Cuban Cigars longer than I....

The unfortunate truth is that if they were selling these by the boatload, they wouldn't be on the block - which doesn't make it less painful.

Hopefully the list is only potential and not set in stone - some seem to be only certain packaging.

Vote with your wallets, my friends.

So there's not enough context for me to understand that list. Is that just a list of packaging that is disappearing? For example, the choix supreme 50 count cabinet is disappearing but wouldn't that mean you can still buy the 25 box? The 25 box of Partagas are being discontinued but you can still buy singles or cabinets?

That list needs more context.

-- Gary F.

I'm going along with the idea that it's only certain packaging. Maybe. In some cases.

But, unless I'm wrong here, the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur, is packaged only in the 25-count SLBs. So if it goes, there is no other packaging. Maybe the 25-count box will be replaced by a 10-count box like the Partagas 8-9-8, or 3-4-3, in this case.

I think the Fundadores listed are the five-packs of five each, making the 25.

Damn.

Yes gentlemen you have to understand the lingo! But some of these cigars are only available (as far as I know) in the packages designated. I have not seen cardboard packed SdC #2 for example. This means that they are canceling the cigar! The box, et al!

Kaput...

Gone...

Outta' here...

Adios... etcetera! -Piggy

Or there could be another list somewhere which lists the "new" packaging that is coming out... and maybe you have to have both lists side by side to see exactly what is being cancelled and what is just being repackaged?

Far be it for me to try and teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but I'm not gonna set my hair on fire yet (that'd be a neat trick anyway, seeing as how I have none. Guess I could burn my beard...).

-- Gary F.

This means that they are canceling the cigar!

Not to be contentious but rather to hold out some hope -- it doesn't mean that they are canceling the cigar. All it means at this point is that it is on a list. We don't know how real the list is. It needs some kind of confirmation, as you say at the beginning of this thread. And even if there is confirmation forthcoming, a cigar could be on the dis-continued list for years before it is actually taken out of production. Yes, slim hope and maybe more of a semantic exercise but still . . .

The unfortunate truth is that if they were selling these by the boatload, they wouldn't be on the block - which doesn't make it less painful.

Hopefully the list is only potential and not set in stone - some seem to be only certain packaging.

Vote with your wallets, my friends.

Even though I disagree with rationale there is truth in this statement. Colt, Tampa and Piggy can't buy them all! I damn well wish I could.

All this does is make my stock worth more, a bitter pill I spit on the floor! At what cost? When I think of all the folks on this board and everywhere that many of us have proffered our opinions to, ad nauseam, that may never have a chance at these, the very best of Cuban cigars... It just makes me sick!

When the next expensive, flavorless, John Holms replica cigar is introduced as a replacement for Havana's finest, we only have ourselves to blame! - Piggy

To see so many more cigars being discontinued (prospectively) is extremely disheartening, especially to a guy like myself, 25 and only just starting out exploring fine Habanos for the last 3 years. Piggy's dead on, at least for me - the Navy pays me pretty good, but definitely not good (yet) to be able to purchase and try all these discontinued cigars I'd want to before they are double the price and difficult to find.

I suppose it is just my poor fortune to have only just started exploring cigars now, but I can't change my age. It's disappointing...and a little angering. I mean, come on! I'm not even through trying all the long-gone coronas, and now all these cigars might be going away too? :cowpoop:

This is a sad, painful day my friends!

The Diplomaticos line GONE!

The BEST Cigars Produced by Habanos the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 1,2 & 3 GONE!!!!

Are THEY Totally OUT of their ******* MINDS???????????

Jose, is there anything that can be done now to stop this Insanity????????