Hello from Los Angeles

dinnerplate

Greetings all from Los Angeles. I'm new to this forum, and also relatively new to cigars. I smoked about 2-3 cigars per YEAR for the last 15 or so years. And then a friend from Canada brought me two Cohiba Robustos. To quoth Forrest Gump, even I know that ain't something you find everyday. So I go out and buy a cheapo $35 25-50 count humidor from Amazon, and sit happy with my two measly cigars. Then I start reading up on properly storing and smoking cigars, and though it may not be much to the seasoned smoker, I've ordered 50 or so to fill my up my crap humidor. I've gone through many of those now, but thus far haven't been able to see past "hmm, this one's good. This one isn't. I don't know why..." I've wanted to venture into the Cuban cigar arena, but have thus far limited myself to what I've got. Hope to learn and be entertained by the group here. So far, you guys haven't disappointed.

Thanks for reading, and catch you on the boards.

Greetings all from Los Angeles. I'm new to this forum, and also relatively new to cigars. I smoked about 2-3 cigars per YEAR for the last 15 or so years. And then a friend from Canada brought me two Cohiba Robustos. To quoth Forrest Gump, even I know that ain't something you find everyday. So I go out and buy a cheapo $35 25-50 count humidor from Amazon, and sit happy with my two measly cigars. Then I start reading up on properly storing and smoking cigars, and though it may not be much to the seasoned smoker, I've ordered 50 or so to fill my up my crap humidor. I've gone through many of those now, but thus far haven't been able to see past "hmm, this one's good. This one isn't. I don't know why..." I've wanted to venture into the Cuban cigar arena, but have thus far limited myself to what I've got. Hope to learn and be entertained by the group here. So far, you guys haven't disappointed.

Thanks for reading, and catch you on the boards.

Gday mate!

Watch your cigar intake go from once in a blue moon to every week (plus!). I'm also restricted to a 50ct humidor but have managed to sample a bit here and there. Ask ANY question here and you will get a knowledgeable answer :D

Welcome to FOH. Prepare yourself....I see a coolerdor in your near future.

funny you mention. i recently purchased a daniel marshall, which hurt big time. even still, i sit here at work looking up climate controlled cabinets that run well over what i should be spending. my girlfriend tells me it's becoming a problem. i tell her i can quit anytime i want. haha.

on a side note, i've read up on cigar-czar a little bit. and i'm wary of taking the plunge. safe to say they're one of the few good guys online?

on a side note, i've read up on cigar-czar a little bit. and i'm wary of taking the plunge. safe to say they're one of the few good guys online?

Mate you couldn't of come across a more legitimate place online. Rob and the crew will even hand pick the best of the best if you request.. You only need to troll through some threads to see the bucket loads of happy customers!!

Oh, and welcome :D

Mate you couldn't of come across a more legitimate place online. Rob and the crew will even hand pick the best of the best if you request.. You only need to troll through some threads to see the bucket loads of happy customers!!

Oh, and welcome :dunce:

x2 and Welcome to the forum. Its a great place to learn and grow.

There, you just got the word of THE REAL BOSS of Cigar Czar, what she says is the Law!

May I recommend that you ask Lisa or Rob to make you a beginners Sampler so that you have an opportunity to try several different marcas and sizes of Habanos. No need to buy a whole box of something that you don't even know if you like.

Welcome to FOH!

Tampa

• 3 weeks later...

Have a great time. The folks on here love to give you their take on things. My advice, smoke faster than buying. Otherwise, you will see yourself buying more and more humidors. Or else, eventually, you are gonna to buy a humidor that looks like an armoire that will take 8k-10k of cigars to fill.

Welcome to FOH from Los Angeles!! You couldn’t have picked a finer place to join. Be careful though, once you go to the dark side it’s dang near impossible to turn back. :party: