Congratulations Elie (Maalouly)....winner of the Sydney 2009 Business Award!

I was having a glass of wine last Thursday in Sydney with Dag Holmboe when we got into a discussion of what HSA is doing right and wrong with its global marketing. I made the point that HSA marketing is making a mistake focusing on '"exclusivity" & "luxury" and should focus on "Excellence" because people who smoke Cuban cigars come from all walks of life but in my experience they share a common trait..."Excellence". They are generally the best teachers, cab drivers, painters, carpenters, sparky's, doctors or allied professionals. A love of Cuban cigars and "Excellence" is what they share.

This was brought home to me this morning when I found out Elie (maalouly on FOH) and his Randem media team last week won the Sydney Business Awards 2009. I was only at his offices in Sydney having a great cigar night a few weeks ago and witnessed first hand his hospitality but also the magnificent professionalism and dedication of his entire team.

Congratulations Elie :cigar::clap: :clap: :clap:

:cigar: Thank you Rob! didn't expect a thread about it. Just to everyone who owns a business or is thinking of starting one, just do it and beleive in yourself and in your dreams. Don't listen to what others might tell you, if you know it's right and it's going to work give it 200%. Business is hard work but also very rewarding.

Again thank you Rob and to the FOH community, I have learnt so much by reading several posts, and also learnt few tricks from Rob's marketing tricks LOL!

:D Thank you Rob! didn't expect a thread about it. Just to everyone who owns a business or is thinking of starting one, just do it and beleive in yourself and in your dreams. Don't listen to what others might tell you, if you know it's right and it's going to work give it 200%. Business is hard work but also very rewarding.

Congratulations!!!

I am certain that it is a well-deserved honour, earned on the basis of vision, hard work and responsibility! Best wishes and many successes for the future.

Mate congratulations!

I've been working on starting a new business myself for the past six months and am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, great to see a fellow FOH reap some accolades from completing the journey. Inspiring stuff!