BEHIKE Post Production Cigars

Trevor2118

These cigars have been raised by several of my website users......any thoughts?

From ----a website-----

Brand Size Length Ring Strength Rating

COHIBA BEHIKE POST PRODUCTION BEHIKES 7 1/4'' (184mm) 52 FULL 9.9

About this cigar: The initial 4000 numbered Behikes were done within 100 Elie Bleu Humidors numbering 40 cigars per humidor. There was also a little known production of 1000 more nunbered Behikes from 4001 to 5000 produced for those associated with their production. These were presented in leather covered boxes of 40 cigars.

Packing Available:

BX 40 $0.00 - - - - - - - - - -

post-1158-1255563976.jpg

post-1158-1255564047.jpg

I would need some form of confirmation from HSA that they were indeed produced and were not numbered by hand before I paid one penny for them...and even then I would still be skeptical.

For that kind of money, who could blame you...

• 3 months later...

Yes this was presented on the "rare cubans" topic here. I would indeed get confirmation from HSA- without that all I have seen is this guy on a video. The box does not look very professional neither the printed numbering.

I guess it is all up in the air until you receive a kind of guarantee/ confirmation on these questionable Behikes.

Very hot topic on CA at the moment

Bart

Also debated elsewhere. Fortunately for me I don't have to worry, because real or not, I can't afford them. I saw recently that someone was selling them for ~$2,000 USD a piece!!! Even if real and Castro himself said a little prayer over them, I'm just interested in reading about them like an exotic Italian sports car.

I am by no means an expert of fakes but I smell a rat...

The colour matching on the cigars looks arse-ways to me - even if they were for those involved in the production and consist of leftovers or rejects from the commercial production I would expect some more love and attention in that department..

Same point on the packaging - those cheap clip fastenings, a box rather than a humidor, the craftsmanship on the leather looks fairly basic to me. No Cohiba logo - I would expect this particularly if they were going to the bother of making a fancy leather covered box. Any Cohiba box / humidor I have ever seen uses that distinctive silhouette logo or other Cohiba graphic elements / devices.

Would it be realistic to expect and additional 20% to be manufactured? seems excessive to me for such a premium offer - and exactly who are 'those involved in the production' - 25 boxes? Thats a lot of perks to spread around.

Finally the 'story' sounds like a classic from a backstreet in Havana - 'My friend has a sister who works in Cohiba...' blah blah blah...

Maybe I'm being too cynical

• 2 months later...
Yes this was presented on the "rare cubans" topic here. I would indeed get confirmation from HSA- without that all I have seen is this guy on a video. The box does not look very professional neither the printed numbering.

I guess it is all up in the air until you receive a kind of guarantee/ confirmation on these questionable Behikes.

Where can I find that thread?

I tried a search but no luck. thanks.

Finally the 'story' sounds like a classic from a backstreet in Havana - 'My friend has a sister who works in Cohiba...' blah blah blah...

Maybe I'm being too cynical

I had the same memory,of being in Havana,and everybody and his dog trying to sell you banana leaves in a tobacco wrapper.

Why would you do a special run of 4000,and then do another 1000......?

• 3 weeks later...

Now you are entering into the grey area. If the aim of your website is to be highly credible, please make sure all information are counter-checked or verified by a or multi authorized or deem reliable source(s). And please name these sources in full. Hearsay is always hearsay!

Please do not let your valuable website become the platform for merchants to sell their 'secret-sourced' cigars! It is disappointing that one should even be considering doing this "Post-Behikes" stuff!

I had the same memory,of being in Havana,and everybody and his dog trying to sell you banana leaves in a tobacco wrapper.

Why would you do a special run of 4000,and then do another 1000......?

i have no idea re those but i do remember when we were in havana for the festival at which the originals were released, there was some chatter about an extra production on top of the 4,000. i vaguely remember that the woman who rolled the original 4,000 was given extra material (as presumably, not every single one of the four thou was perfect and they needed cover) and that she had done extra.

jose might have more info (and i could have dreamt all that).