R & J Duke L E

asmith

Coincidentally, I once smoked an elephant ****. Was playing rugby in South Africa, and on a safari in Natal I think and our guide pointed out that the Zulus often smoked it to aid respiratory problems. Might I point out that it was an old, dry ****.

WTF :lol:

I have faith in you guys, and as such tender my vote for a 3-in-a-row RACF tasting video. In the interests of research of course. My bet would be on Smithy, as he actually looked like he was enjoying it in the vid...

Coincidentally, I once smoked an elephant ****. Was playing rugby in South Africa, and on a safari in Natal I think and our guide pointed out that the Zulus often smoked it to aid respiratory problems. Might I point out that it was an old, dry ****.

but officer, they told me it was an elephant ****. seriously. i really thought i was smoking an elephant ****. how was i to know? and what's more, i didn't inhale.

WTF :lol:

Perhaps I should add that we didn't actually roll them up, you just hold a bit, light it, and supposedly the smoke is good for you. I'm thinking we had a few days old vintage, as it was much like setting fire to a ball of dry hay. Would also make clear that I wouldn't recommend it, just in case anyone with a cold has legged it off to the zoo.

Perhaps I should add that we didn't actually roll them up, you just hold a bit, light it, and supposedly the smoke is good for you. I'm thinking we had a few days old vintage, as it was much like setting fire to a ball of dry hay. Would also make clear that I wouldn't recommend it, just in case anyone with a cold has legged it off to the zoo.

a rose by any other name...

Did it alleviate any and all respritory issues?

I have faith in you guys, and as such tender my vote for a 3-in-a-row RACF tasting video. In the interests of research of course. My bet on the survivor would be on Smithy, as he actually looked like he was enjoying it in the vid...

I bet the Zulus are still laughing their asses off at the stupid guys that "Smoked" Elephant Turds!

I'm not saying that anyone here is stupid, but I wonder how often they play that trick on unsuspecting people traveling on a Safari?

:cigar: I 100% accept the fact that I was the moron tourist who enjoyed some elephant shyte. Thing is, once you find yourself in that situation surely the only option it to pretend that it's the best thing you've had this decade.

''Ah yes, little bit of long grass on the nose, with a full-bodied deilvery of bark and mud, and a lingering aftertaste of berrys and ****. Exquisite.''

or back down....

I'd smoke the **** every time.

Time for bed...

• 3 weeks later...

Romeo y Julieta Duke EL 2009 MOS MAY 09

Chocolate Colorado colored wrapper with minimal veins and oily wrapper but had the same sand paper grit surface as the Cohiba Magicos from last night

Construction was firm feeling, solid, well packed

Ash was White, ribbed and reflected the dots on the wrapper

Burn was even, draw had nice resistance and a slow burn rate

Initial puff is spicy chocolate, dry flavor

Flavors included chocolate, coffee, cedar, leather and nutty

There was a nice dry sweetness throughout the smoke that reminded me of powdered donuts

Could of used another day of dry boxing, my bad

Solid Medium smoke

80 min smoke time

Very solid from this years EL line up, second behind the H Upmann 48 and in front of the Boli Petit

9.1/10

Bart

• 2 months later...

Ummmm I don't think they make 5 packs of these mate, will at least i haven't seen any. Hope their singles! I received a box of duke the other day, but the box stamp was ERO JUL 09. Wonder if their gonna be different from what you guys had. All i know is so far it had a huge barn yard smell!

Ummmm I don't think they make 5 packs of these mate, will at least i haven't seen any. Hope their singles! I received a box of duke the other day, but the box stamp was ERO JUL 09. Wonder if their gonna be different from what you guys had. All i know is so far it had a huge barn yard smell!

It was a box split. I later got my own box =)

Totally agree on the barnyard, it almost knocked me out.

• 10 months later...

I am the 2/3 of mine :idea: started with lots of spice, in the first third it became very mellow with soft cherries and not much else, by the 2/3 the cherries really started piping out with some cedar and leather.

Perfect draw and construction with an oily wrapper with sandpaper characteristics.

I'm really enjoying it but I think it needs still some years in the humidor.

In the drinking side I started with a little glenfidich 15 S. Malt but it wasn't that good wi this cigar (very different sweetness) so I changed to a suntory Yamazaki 12 and it went all nice. :)