My 'Man Cave'

RyJ...that man cave is looking seriously cool. Good work with that. Heated and ventilated...all you need is a big screen and you are set.

Thanks a lot, Chen! I wanted to put the 50" plasma from our living room in there and get a 55" for the house, but don't think that it would do too well in the cold. Granted, I DO have heat in there, but only when I turn it on. If it were heated like our house, then I'd definitely go bigger. For now, the 32" HDTV does pretty good. I MAY mount an HD projector and put a 108" screen on the wall sometime down the road. The cost for that is similar to that of a good plasma/LCD.

Jeff L.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Jeff, nice cave!

Do you use any exterior ventillation or fans? I and some buddies are considering using an exhaust fan to better ventilate when multiple people are puffing. Also, I use a projector in my garage for indoor smoking events. The only drawback is that we have to keep the lights turned off and that it eats a lot of wall space. In the summer, we bring it outside (awesome). If I had a more formal "cave" like yours, I probably would go with the Plasma or RPTV instead of the projector. It is easier and more convenient.

• 8 months later...

I appreciate all of the kind words, everyone. Sadly, I moved back in July. It was a sad day, when I finally decided to take down the club, but believe me when I say it went out with a bang. I had about 7 or 8 of my closest friends over that Sunday for one last get-together. We smoked and drank from 11am - 9pm.....and when I say we smoked, we smoked nothing but amazing, vintage and rare sticks. It was a great day and a sad day.

Everything from the club is now in storage, beings that where I'm living now, I do not have a garage to set it back up. However, it WILL be up and running again. Some day.

Jeffrey L.

*Edit - Now that I think of it, I have a couple of pix on my phone that I'll upload of how it was at the very end.....carpeted, 8ft pool table, etc. Man, I sure miss that house.

Man, I'm blown away! That is about the best man-cave I've ever seen, you've made some excellent progress. Thanks for sharing the pics with us as it's grown. i need to visit the US! :rotfl:

Thank you so much, Bster! If you EVER make to either Wisconsin or Illinois, PLEASE let me know.....it will be a very good time.

Jeffrey L.

BWHAHAHAHAAH the glock in the errrr...mailbox made me laugh loudly!! But the other pic with the little girl nearby...Isn't it dangerous?

I keep mine in the closet near the bed ;-)

By the way what is the practical purpose of the beacon lights? If any

andrew

BWHAHAHAHAAH the glock in the errrr...mailbox made me laugh loudly!! But the other pic with the little girl nearby...Isn't it dangerous?

I keep mine in the closet near the bed ;-)

By the way what is the practical purpose of the beacon lights? If any

andrew

Pistol was out there for photo purposes only. As for the strobes, they looked awesome at night, with all of the other lights!

Jeffrey L.

That's a great set-up. You have all of the essentials covered

comfy chair...check

flat screen TV.....check

cigars.....check

alcohol.....check

pool table....check

access to BBQ.....check

guns.....check

You're all set!

• 2 weeks later...