Speaking of Cuban cigar pictures

Piggy, the original photo really sends mixed signals.

You have a RE Ramon Allones with a LCDH Lighter sitting on top of a Partagas Box? Where is the Ramon Allones Box? Or where and what have you done with all the Partagas cigars? Why would a Ramon Allones be sitting on top of a Partagas box?

Thus the mixed signals........................

Piggy, the original photo really sends mixed signals.

You have a RE Ramon Allones with a LCDH Lighter sitting on top of a Partagas Box? Where is the Ramon Allones Box? Or where and what have you done with all the Partagas cigars? Why would a Ramon Allones be sitting on top of a Partagas box?

Thus the mixed signals........................

I tend to mix 3 pieces... for whatever the reason. I can take a hundred pictures and only like one and depending when and where, or with how many elements sometimes themes exist, sometimes they are overbearing and I discard them altogether, or they fall apart due to aesthetics. At times I am looking for different things like color or shape. I choose color and shape mostly. If my intention is to use a Photoshop tool then much of the branding is lost it a blur anyway. The one picture was taken probably with a different cigar at first... and somewhere along the line I liked the look of the RE better!

The truth is there is not much thought put into my cigar pictures. Most of the time I like bold new bands on the cigars. Fat cigars often photograph better as do darker cigars. Bandless cigars often look too long and naked. EL's are flashier than standard production. All the items that make them sell to the unknowing are the characteristics that make them fun to photograph. What we all know is that you can't capture taste on pixels!!! Most of my pictures are of EL's; they are better to photograph than to smoke!

I am glad you guys like them. I have been thinking of putting a Bolivar Gold Medal on a stack of gold coins for a concept but I am still considering what to use as a background as the BGM box has too much gloss. I like SBN boxes for their matte, natural look.

Perhaps I will put together a regular production series. It might be fun to work on elements that are less flashy, but harder to make them pictures that you want to stare at as a screen saver. -Piggy

I tend to mix 3 pieces... for whatever the reason. I can take a hundred pictures and only like one and depending when and where, or with how many elements sometimes themes exist, sometimes they are overbearing and I discard them altogether, or they fall apart due to aesthetics. At times I am looking for different things like color or shape. I choose color and shape mostly. If my intention is to use a Photoshop tool then much of the branding is lost it a blur anyway. The one picture was taken probably with a different cigar at first... and somewhere along the line I liked the look of the RE better!

The truth is there is not much thought put into my cigar pictures. Most of the time I like bold new bands on the cigars. Fat cigars often photograph better as do darker cigars. Bandless cigars often look too long and naked. EL's are flashier than standard production. All the items that make them sell to the unknowing are the characteristics that make them fun to photograph. What we all know is that you can't capture taste on pixels!!! Most of my pictures are of EL's; they are better to photograph than to smoke!

I am glad you guys like them. I have been thinking of putting a Bolivar Gold Medal on a stack of gold coins for a concept but I am still considering what to use as a background as the BGM box has too much gloss. I like SBN boxes for their matte, natural look.

Perhaps I will put together a regular production series. It might be fun to work on elements that are less flashy, but harder to make them pictures that you want to stare at as a screen saver. -Piggy

Go for it. I would love to see the finished product.