If you could, what 3 cigars would you most want to smoke ?

Hi everyone,

The question may seem quit simple at first, but once you really think about it , the answer may not be that easy for one who is a Habano cigar lovers.

Lets put this question in an unusual & improbable context. One day, while you're looking through a pile of old and useless things in your attic, your eyes are attracted by an old and very dusty cigar box.

since you can't make out the brand, you gentlywipe the dust off the box and suddenly, the box begins to shake and to vibrate filling the attic with lots of smoke and out comes a cigar genie,

OK, you're probably going to say that you heard about the same thing happening to some kid somewhere in the Middle East with a lamp, well, come on !!, don't you think it's a bit far fetched ?

ANYWAY ,

Now that this genie has been freed from so many years in that cigar box, the first thing that he would like to do is to reward you with 3 cigar wishes, well that's the only thing he can do, he's not the kind of guy with the, I wish to become rich or, I'd like to make it with the most beautiful woman, or the most expensive car kind of wish.Actually, he comes from a modest neighborhood. OK, back to the 3 wishes.

Since you are a passionate cigar smoker, what 3 cigars would you want to smoke the most if you could have them today ? Taking into account that you will have to choose from todays total production, not pre-embargo or brands that no longer exist. It can be a rare cigar or a ER, or a EL,

or a custom rolled house blend, or fuma from one vega, etc . But, only 3 cigars and the most sought after by you.

You'll see , It's a hard question to answer. Here are my 3 cigars that I would love to taste the most, If I could get my hands on today.

1. Bolivar, ER, Armonia, China

2.Ramon Allones, Phoenicios

3. Custom rolled Diademas or Fumas from a number of great rollers in Cuba.

Lets hear from you,

Cheers.

You'll see , It's a hard question to answer. Here are my 3 cigars that I would love to taste the most, If I could get my hands on today.

1. Bolivar, ER, Armonia, China

2.Ramon Allones, Phoenicios

3. Custom rolled Diademas or Fumas from a number of great rollers in Cuba.

Lets hear from you,

Cheers.

One Phoenicios is in my humidor waiting for you and Monique, you have time until end of 2010 then I will smoke it ;-)

Great thread Guy! I'm also curious what others have to say.

well, when you say "todays" total production I assume you mean 08 but just for fun I also included anything Post revolutionary.

08 production

1. Cohiba Gran Reserva

2. Robaina "farmies" customs

3. anything Hamlet

post revolution

1. La Flor De Cano Short Churchill from 90-92

2. 70's Diplomatic Cohiba Lancero

3. Dubhill Estupendo

Perhaps a 1492 and an original BGM. I would ask my benefactor (in his/her infinite wisdom) to select me his/her favorite for wish 3. Being one who specializes in cigars I would have to think that he might know something about the ones with the most magic!

Along those lines I might just ask for the best cigar ever made! What's in a name when you are about the taste, not the imaginary, as I am? He would probably give me a Rafael Gonzalez lonsdale... and I would love it!!! -LOL

and if you had that Armonia or that Phoenicios in hand, would you smoke it right now?

Or would it be worth it to wait and let it gain a bit more age?

Hi stalebread,

the Armonia & the Phoenicios I would certainly smoke today because the tobacco

is already aged and they have both been made over a year ago, so , no sense in waiting :)

As for the custom rolled, Yes I would wait since they are very fresh. Then again, since it's

my wish cigar, I would certainly smoke it today too :lol:

Great thread.....oh how I love to dream.....

I would love to get my hands on:

1. First batch Cohiba Siglo VI

2. Cohiba Gran Corona - 35th Anniversary Humidor

3. 1998 Trinidad Fundadore

Off the top of my head I would say:

Mid 90's PSD4- before the alleged weakening of the blend. I would have liked to know what the old schoold blend was like.

A Hamlet Custom Rolled or any of the Cuban rollers custom rolled'

A HdM EL- forget the number but it was the beli or torp size

top thread.

i'd have to say of recent cigars, the one i'd be most curious about would be the cohiba gran reserva but i'd need two. i owe rob one.

as for the rest, every time i think of one, i think of six more. then i read the posts and find another dozen. i am down to my last one or two original SLR, 01 from memory. could always do with more of those.

Wow...good question. I've had some so very excellent cigars over the past year that I would have to go with the devil I know and pick my favorites instead of picking the unknowns and chance disappointment. My list:

1. Yolanda Escoba (a shagfoot double robusto) custom roll.

2. '03 HU Sir Winston

3. VR Maestro (Spanish ER)

1.) An old Don Candido (1979, the year that I was born, would be nice)

2.) Cohiba Gran Corona 35th

3.) An original Bolivar Especiales

Amazing! I thought I was the only person who would add a Bolivar Especiales to the list. Anyway, that is my absolute #1.

Now, #2 would be a Montecristo B (not the recent reissue) and #3 would be an original Bolivar Gold Medal.

I have been trying to find a few singles of these three forever. No luck.

For me I don't need rare cigars or So called original releases LoL seems to be the trend these days LOL.

I want a cigar I can smoke any time and will be great all the time and regular production ..

RASS

Mag 46

Bolivar CG

For me I don't need rare cigars . . .

Of course, you don't "need" the rare cigar. No one does. But what are you curious about?

Sure, the RASS, the Mag 46, the BCG are going to be great any time you light up one. And you can find them anywhere, anytime. But what about your sense of adventure? Don't you ever want to catch the first train that comes by just to see where it's going? Guy has offered us a free ride here.