Why Going to College is Important.

I've a right to earn a living, but nobody owes me a job. Don't be surprised if she ends up awarded some kind of settlement.

Personal responsibility is a thing of the past - it's the way things are headed here in the U.S.S.A.

Yes, shame on the courts to consider such a case! There's a little too much lawyers and law in the States, IMO.

This is the kind of person that deserves to wait tables for the rest of their life. I hope she is marked as a liability and no one hires her.

People like her do not deserve to be be mentioned in the same breath as the hardworking folks at my favorite deli. :2thumbs:

This is a large part of what is wrong with society today. It isn't entirely the fault of our legal system in the U.S. What it is, is the utter lack of self accountability. Taking responsibility for yourself and your own actions. In life you are not owed anything. Everyone needs to make their own way and do the best that they can.

• Like 1

For me, College is like Cancun or those Las Vegas Commericals.

Whatever I learned in college, stays in college!

I was in the fine arts program, specialized in painting.... and I haven't sold one painting... I should sue! :2thumbs:

• Haha 1

Believe me, if this case was going anywhere, the press release would have been placed by an attorney and you would know it.

With a general B.A. and a 2.7 GPA, even the ever-growing ant-hill of unemployed lawyers won't touch this one. But, it does get you thinking about the entitlement mentality that seems so pervasive these days. This woman really does believe that she is OWED a job for having put in a C-level performance at a D-level school. It would be an interesting study to follow for a few years of her career-- such as it will be.

What a poisonous little witch.

Don't you just want to run out and hire her now :2thumbs:

For her sake I hope she is attractive as working on her back could be her only option.

lol, I hope she isn't attractive and working on her back. That would be a legitimate "employment disadvantage".

If I hear one more person in my country say, "I deserve"... you only deserve what you have if you've earned it (and at times I'm not so sure about that).

What a poisonous little witch.

Don't you just want to run out and hire her now :2thumbs:

For her sake I hope she is attractive as working on her back could be her only option.

I'm not so sure she'll get that far or even get hired, she would be capable of sueing

her interviewer for touching & sexsual harassment because they shaked hands :2thumbs:

This is becoming more and more typical of the younger generations. IMO, it stems from the thoughts parents put in their kid's head, "Go to college/university, get a degree and your job prospects will be more secure." The kid takes that to mean, "Get a degree and I'll be owed a job." :cowpoop:

And for those that study so-called "Management" degrees, they expect high-paid senior management positions straight out of college. No-one wants to work from the bottom and earn the position anymore. :dunce:

This lawsuit is just as ridiculous as sueing Husqvarna because you lopped of a hand during improper use of one of their chainsaws and then demanding they put a safety warning, "Do not place hand on the blade while in operation". Young people who accept personal responsibilty are like honest politicians, a Tin Man with a heart and a quartreback who stays in the pocket... totally non-existent and ficticious.

Gee, I guess having a 2.7 GPA from a college ranked 3367th in NY State just isn't what it used to be. Apparantly she's a real go-getter who applies herself 110%; just what I'd look for in a potential employee.

The fact that she's suing is ridiculous, but I don't think she has a snowball's chance in hell of getting anything.

What really pisses me off is that tax dollars are going to help to pay her legal fees.

I hope the perverted little witch enjoys her career at Burger King while she's paying her $70,000 tuition fees back over the next 20 years.

An idiot with a degree is still an idiot.

Its both hilarious and sad what my generation expect with regards to work... Completely moronic ideals and expectations.

They all expect to skip starting out in an anything but the ideal job...

surely she can only be doing it for the publicity - become an instant celebrity. go on talk shows. entertain braindead morons who have nothing better to do.

imagine if this got anywhere. every single educational institution in the states, unless legislation ruled out those state-run, would have to jack up fees massively to cover costs like these because insurance costs would follow. result would be vast numbers who could not afford further education. all of whom should sue her.

it has the potential to do untold damages to education in the states and beyond.

not to mention making her unemployable forever.

• Like 1