From the bankrupt state of California

dochowl

Hello Everyone...

Like many of the other newbs around here, I've been lurking for quite some time. Having been smoking for about 20 years now, it's great to find a forum with like-minded people. I appreciate the positive tone of these boards and look forward to being an active participant.

Cheers...

--dochowl

Hello Everyone...

Like many of the other newbs around here, I've been lurking for quite some time. Having been smoking for about 20 years now, it's great to find a forum with like-minded people. I appreciate the positive tone of these boards and look forward to being an active participant.

Cheers...

--dochowl

welcome and enjoy.

Welcome Dochowl...

I hope Arnold suprises us all...we could use a little good news.....

Tom

I hate to say it, but I don't have a good feeling about the future of California... can't hardly smoke anywhere here these days... and now with all the budget problems, the only thing keepinig me here is the weather.

At least I can still smoke a good cigar in my own home... I expect they can't take that away from me.

Welcome to FOH. It truly is a great forum. As for Cali...well being a displaced Southern Californian myself, I am sad to say that things look to be in a sorry state of affairs right now. That said, CA is the 10th largest economy in the world and contributes 13% of the United States GDP. Things will improve. Real estate already looks to be stabilizing and while job growth will be minimal at best for the next several years, you just can't keep a great state down. As far as the smoking ban goes...well, that seems to be pretty much a global phenomena thsese days, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. However if the Governator can take pleasure from smoking a cigar while driving his Hummer or riding his HOG (no I'm not talking about Maria Shriver) then why shouldn't the rest of us?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome man! :o