What is the best weather to enjoy a cigar

At the end of every day I descend to the cellar pour myself a bourbon, select a fine cigar, and head to the lanai to have a moment of clarity. Here where I live we enjoy all four seasons to their fullest. And in the Spring, plus a few days throughout the Summer, we get a few evenings that drop to 70F/21C with humidity in the 80's. I always find that cigar flavor is exceptional in these conditions. The caveat is that you need to pay extra attention in order to maintain a consistent burn, Perhaps the extra attention generates a better experience, but its the setting that makes the moment.

I smoke all year long outside for me it does not matter as long as I am enjoying the cigar.And I smoke outside everyday but never tasted any differance in my cigars because of the weather.

Winter is when I hate to smoke because it get so dam cold up here in my neck of the wood.

But that never stop me as a cigar for me is pure stress release...

Dusk. A great campfire, glass of rum or Shiraz, overlooking the breaking surf and not another person in sight. The day had been a good fishing day, the Rib on Bone about to head onto the hotplate once the flame of the fire settles to glowing coals.

The open steppe, a fleet horse, a falcon at my wrist, and the wind in my hair..........

Really, I like mid 60s to mid 70s and low humidity. For me, humidity in the 80s is probably a bit too much - I've found such high humidity can quickly

muddle a cigars flavor.

The open steppe, a fleet horse, a falcon at my wrist, and the wind in my hair..........

I would love to have a Falcon at my wrist. Actually better....a Tern... that could find fish schools :clap:

Any weather is fine by myself except windy days as I smoke outside. :2thumbs:

Ideally, I enjoy a cigar on my own, but having a cigar amongst friends with a nice drink and good food is the best. :clap:

Yesterday afternoon. First sunny, nice day here in a long time.

Humidity a little high but not bad.

Sitting on the terrace of Ba Ta Clan cafe. Cigar. Beer.

Watching folks walk by. Talking with my wife about our next vacation.

Prague or Lisbon?

Could this be the urban version of breaking surf?

Can I substitute a crow for a falcon?

I live in New England, and our winters are depressingly persistent, but honestly my favorite cigar weather is a driving (45 degree angle) snow, when I have nowhere to go and can sit in front of the fire after dinner with something nice to drink and a great cigar. It helps that I can smoke indoors of course.

On the coast in South Carolina, we don't have but about a week of spring and a week of fall. the rest of the year, it is either hot as hell with humidity near 100% or cold as hell. This week of Spring and week of Fall are the best times to smoke!

As others have said. No wind is the number 1 weather factor that leads to having a great cigar experience. Both because of the way it affects the burn and the way the smoke hangs in the air.

Although I rarely do it, my fav weather conditions have been late summer nights around 1 am in the park by my apartment. Sears Tower in full view, but the city is sleeping. Little to no wind, but cool and with that heavy air feeling like it should be noisy yet isn't. Looking forward to those. . .

Spring: In the sunroom, evening, gentle breeze, raining and about 70F.

Winter: In the sunroom, watching the snow fall, with a gentle breeze.

Fall: Brisk and Cool, on a hike enjoying enjoying the foliage

Summer: Sundown by a Lake

Really only unpleasant time is high wind

Only thing that is unpleasant for smoking a cigar is the 35 winds we get here near NIMES in

the south of France.Weather wise, we have 320 days of sunshine and only 2 seasons, spring and

summer. we have, on the whole, 2 or 3 weeks of winter , which means MAX 0 to -2C and all year

low humidity inside the lands. Looking at a beautiful sunset over the Mediterranean while I'm smoking my

cigar, To be honest, I can't complain. :D

Only thing that is unpleasant for smoking a cigar is the 35 winds we get here near NIMES in

the south of France.Weather wise, we have 320 days of sunshine and only 2 seasons, spring and

summer. we have, on the whole, 2 or 3 weeks of winter , which means MAX 0 to -2C and all year

low humidity inside the lands. Looking at a beautiful sunset over the Mediterranean while I'm smoking my cigar, To be honest, I can't complain. :D

Difficult, if not impossible, to beat that.

Dusk. A great campfire, glass of rum or Shiraz, overlooking the breaking surf and not another person in sight. The day had been a good fishing day, the Rib on Bone about to head onto the hotplate once the flame of the fire settles to glowing coals.

Rob have you ever considered writing an x rated novel?

:D

There are many and various places/times/temperatures I enjoy a cigar, but I believe my favorite would have to be right after breakfast, 60-70F with a cup of dark roast. The combination of the fresh morning air, the pungent aroma of the coffee, and the lingering clouds of smoke is intoxicating.

Weather wise, we have 320 days of sunshine and only 2 seasons, spring and

low humidity inside the lands. Looking at a beautiful sunset over the Mediterranean while I'm smoking my

Sounds rough :)

Rob have you ever considered writing an x rated novel?

Seeing as how he said "not another person in sight", I think I'd pass on this particular novel......

Being from the Chicago area we too only have two seasons per year, summer and winter! It can be mostly too hot or too cold. It's rare that there's much in between for any decent amount of time.

I'd have to say perfect conditions for me include no wind, there's nothing like seeing the smoke of a cigar wiggle towards the sky. Temp in the low 70's F, starting the cigar at twilight and finishing it at dark.

The weather that I enjoy the most while smoking a cigar outside is in the mid 60's to low 70's and less than 50% humidity, early evening watching the sun set. I am still learning the best smoking conditions here in North Carolina, but when I lived in Florida, any time the humidity was above 75% that the flavors were affected because they were muted.