Any thoughts on recent PSD4's

The title pretty much says it all. I'm almost out of my 05's so I'm just wondering how the recent productions are?

I just smoked my last 2007, the box contained some very tasty cigars. I did have a few with burn problems, I would say about 1/3 of the box. It never stopped me from finishing a cigar, but had to do some creative shaping with a torch. I have to buy some more, the burn problems were far outweighed by the wonderful flavors.

Any thoughts on recent PSD4's?

Thought #1: Hmmm, I've heard some good things about the '08s.

Thought #2: That's a good price, I'll order a box of ABR08 and try 'em out.

Thought #3: These things are damn good. Strong, with pepper and spice. Just like the good ol' days.

Thought #4: I better order another box.

Thought #5: I wonder if I should order a third box?

Thought #1: Hmmm, I've heard some good things about the '08s.

Thought #2: That's a good price, I'll order a box of ABR08 and try 'em out.

Thought #3: These things are damn good. Strong, with pepper and spice. Just like the good ol' days.

Thought #4: I better order another box.

Thought #5: I wonder if I should order a third box?

Now those are some positive thoughts..

08's are Strong ,tons of flavor and have a long finish !!! And yes they blow away the 05,06 and 07 (which are good ) in every way imaginable.

Would the PSD4's be your first suggestion for someone who's never smoked a partagas before?

Most people would (wisely) say no. But the D4 wasn't just the first Partagas I smoked, it was the first Habanos! It immediately won a place in my heart (and humidor), and it has never left.

Would the PSD4's be your first suggestion for someone who's never smoked a partagas before?

Heck no! Well... maybe... but its like picking up your child and throwing them into the deep end of the pool whilst proclaiming, 'sink or swim time lil man'!

I'd suggest Partagas Shorts first of coronas Major... or something along those lines.

IMHO BTW... PSD4 08s... damned fine... almost as good as the 06s that I'm guarding like the shroud of turin!

08 is by far a better year than 06..PSD4 08 are the best I have tasted in the last 6 years night and Day..

06 was showing how good the changes that Cuba did with the aged tobacco in their cigars but it was a positive wake up call for us smokers.But every year since it's been better overall and will get better this year it think.

Heck no! Well... maybe... but its like picking up your child and throwing them into the deep end of the pool whilst proclaiming, 'sink or swim time lil man'!

I'd suggest Partagas Shorts first of coronas Major... or something along those lines.

IMHO BTW... PSD4 08s... damned fine... almost as good as the 06s that I'm guarding like the shroud of turin!

I went for it, Thanks

5 x Partagas Shorts

1 x Partagas Serie D No. 4 - 3 pack

1 x Partagas Culebras - dress box (9 cigars)

Most people would (wisely) say no. But the D4 wasn't just the first Partagas I smoked, it was the first Habanos! It immediately won a place in my heart (and humidor), and it has never left.

Same here ... my first cigar or I should say my first cuban cigar was PartagasD 4 and since then I have always had some in my humidor, I haven't tried any of the 08 as yet but I think I will put an order soon based on the reviews here.

Partagas D4 to me is the most reliable robusto and it never fails to impress me.

Enjoy one yesterday from a JUN 08 box. Confirmed my thoughts: its a great cigar(draw was perfect BTW),

but not for the beginner.

So I say, order a box, smoke a few other smokes and in a few months both you and your D4's will be ready!

I went for it, Thanks

5 x Partagas Shorts

1 x Partagas Serie D No. 4 - 3 pack

1 x Partagas Culebras - dress box (9 cigars)

Excellent choices! Those Culebras are friend makers! They're lil Partagas 8-9-8s all twisted up! I hope you get the Partagas bug like I did!

<- Partagas *****