San Cristobal La Fuerza - FJN OCT 05

asmith

A moderator drinking warm sauvignon blanc on the deck...Smithysmithysmithy...the horror...

I really like the La Fuerzas, think I have some from around the same as that box if not exact. Some of them are quite strong, dense flavor. Very enjoyable.

I really think the numerical rating system is better if you're going to use one. The 1-5 or 1-6 is just as arbitrary, but with much less precision. IMO of course.

Sauvignon blanc? The horror.

Nicely done.

I havent had one of these before.. for no reason in particular - just never got around to it. I'll have to look at having one soon.

A moderator drinking warm sauvignon blanc on the deck...Smithysmithysmithy...the horror...

This only occurred cause I grabbed a bottle out of the humidor and then started the review, if they wanted it colder they could have put it in the fridge.

I really think the numerical rating system is better if you're going to use one. The 1-5 or 1-6 is just as arbitrary, but with much less precision. IMO of course.

As for the numbering, I only put that text in the video cause Alain thought we were marking out of 6 and I was marking out of 5. That is why I say 'big numbers there Alain' when he say 4.5, cause I thought he was marking out of 5. He only found this out half way through the next cigar.

I stole one of these out of the box whilst Smithy was brushing his eyebrows between takes. I'm planning to smoke it this weekend after a few days of dryboxing and add a quick post note to this review. I'm really looking forward to it!

One essence that I consistantly find across the marca is a sweetness basically a molasses taste hidden somewhere in the background yet pronounced enough to be a key essence which I look forward to when I smoke a San Cristobal.

Good job mates, and I like the 1-6 scale the best personally.

One essence that I consistantly find across the marca is a sweetness basically a molasses taste hidden somewhere in the background yet pronounced enough to be a key essence which I look forward to when I smoke a San Cristobal.

That sweetness is very prominent in the El Principe '07 box czar sent. A very fruity/dark chocolate sweetness.... i love it !

Jesus Smithy, you even pronounced "Fuerza" properly........ the force is strong in this one :lol:

Bloodyfingers, you're about to be a father again? How'd that happen? Congrats mate :lol:

Good job again guys. Am I reading too much into Warren not saying much about this one,

and Al looking at his watch?

Hi Colt, and thanks mate . I dont know how it hapened. I was drunk.

It's true, I do check my watch frequently, but only whilst on the deck. I do this for the same I reason I check my wallet is still there and no one has stolen my briefcase.

Warren woke up once after a particularly long afternoon and found one of his kidneys had gone missing. Next day, Smithy turned up wearing Brioni.

Bloody Pirates.

Bloodyfingers, you're about to be a father again? How'd that happen? Congrats mate :)

Good job again guys. Am I reading too much into Warren not saying much about this one,

and Al looking at his watch?

Colt I said plenty but it was cut out.

I think they are jealous of my wit and wisdom. :clown2:

Hi Colt, and thanks mate . I dont know how it hapened. I was drunk.

It's true, I do check my watch frequently, but only whilst on the deck. I do this for the same I reason I check my wallet is still there and no one has stolen my briefcase.

Warren woke up once after a particularly long afternoon and found one of his kidneys had gone missing. Next day, Smithy turned up wearing Brioni.

Bloody Pirates.

I was wondering why he kept asking if I wanted to go to candy mountain. :clown2:

Very nicely done, gents.

The La Fuerza is my favorite of the marca and I treasure it also for that deep, throaty molasses character that is so distinctive and satisfying. When they're really on, it reminds me of whiffs of blackstrap molasses and carmelized sugar. Darned tasty if I do say so myself.

Wilkey

Very nicely done, gents.

The La Fuerza is my favorite of the marca and I treasure it also for that deep, throaty molasses character that is so distinctive and satisfying. When they're really on, it reminds me of whiffs of blackstrap molasses and carmelized sugar. Darned tasty if I do say so myself.

Wilkey

Bugger. Thanks Wilkey, it was molasses I should have said when I said honey. Nicely done.

Bugger. Thanks Wilkey, it was molasses I should have said when I said honey. Nicely done.

Al , molasses is just honey from constipated bees.

Thank God I'm back :clown2:

...so no abuse when I am not here? Where is the....... "You are an idiot Ayala "

Great job guys!

Oh you haven't seen the next review yet . :)

It's good to have you back Mate.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Smoked it last night. VERY MILD CIGAR. The first two thirds showed a bit of nuttiness and chocolate here and there, and a great Cuban twang. Not much development.

The final third was glorious though! Massive increase in power and flavour. Full sweet and citrussy fruit flavours and lots of pepper on the tongue. Long smooth satisfying aftertaste. Lots of nicotine (got a bit of a headache).

Gets a 68/100, as it was too boring in the first two thirds.

They need to make a thin ring gague in this line in order to give the blend a chance to show itself.

Smoked it last night. VERY MILD CIGAR. The first two thirds showed a bit of nuttiness and chocolate here and there, and a great Cuban twang. Not much development.

The final third was glorious though! Massive increase in power and flavour. Full sweet and citrussy fruit flavours and lots of pepper on the tongue. Long smooth satisfying aftertaste. Lots of nicotine (got a bit of a headache).

Gets a 68/100, as it was too boring in the first two thirds.

They need to make a thin ring gague in this line in order to give the blend a chance to show itself.

Sorry to hear that Kanga...I've really enjoyed the La Fuerza...more on the mild/medium side, but still a tasty cigar IMHO.