Montecristo Edmundo BUE ABR 08

El Presidente

You guys certainly look to be enjoying yourselves there... so you can all go f&%k yourselves while the rest of us work :)

Great description and analogy Ayala... "dated girls like this"... I love it.

As far as the Edmundo goes - I'm with Smithy and Ken... it's definitely one of those arvo cigars you pull out when you don't want to sacrifice a super premium. Lets hope HSA start pricing them accordingly.

I agree with you guys on the Edmundo. Smoked one from a 3-pack that I've had for about nine months and there just weren't much flavor. I was expecting some sort of toasted nuts or coffee taste, but did not get any of that. The same thing happened the following night on a Petit Edmundo. So I don't know, maybe it's the cool weather??

I keep waiting/hoping to be 'WOWed' by this cigar - even when I went back to the Original releases - it was never more than an OK experience....which really surprises me as I like the Monte marque. :)

I keep waiting/hoping to be 'WOWed' by this cigar - even when I went back to the Original releases - it was never more than an OK experience....which really surprises me as I like the Monte marque. :buddies:

agreed 100%. I have smoked them from the original release all the way to current production, and they always underwhelm me with their blandness. LOVE the #2, #4, and A's....just wish they could get this one right.

I give the Edmundos out to people who like Dominicans and want to try a Cuban. I will never waste a Partagas on those types. There is a lid for every pot so to speak.

This video review and thread helped select my lunch time smoke today - so I went back to try another Edmundo....

It was OK - just OK - like the others of these I have smoked before - and like the others that I believe will be just like it when I reach for these from my holdings. :buddies:

I think culture club or Wham! would be a better fit......

With other cigars at your disposal, would you guys really reach for this one at all?

i had one of the original release boxes from havana. i know rob doesn't get excited but i loved them. thoroughly enjoyed the entire box. not seen the same joy ever since. if they did change the blend, i wish they'd change it back to whatever was in that box.

i had one of the original release boxes from havana. i know rob doesn't get excited but i loved them. thoroughly enjoyed the entire box. not seen the same joy ever since. if they did change the blend, i wish they'd change it back to whatever was in that box.

I mean specifically this box / profile. With all the other cigars available, would you gents even bother with this one?

I mean specifically this box / profile. With all the other cigars available, would you gents even bother with this one?

fair point.

i guess having seen that specific smoke and knowing what is around probably not but i think that there are many worse smokes out there and if it was that and a choice of something i was not sure about, might go this. it is a safe pick, if a conservative one. i know i'd have a pleasant, if not stellar experience.

if anyone enjoys the edmundos, this vid should not put them off.

I'm with Ken on this smoke. I have a box from March '08 and with the exception of the first one that was a wind tunnel they've all been very good. A couple have even gone into the superb category. I wish they were a little stronger but I still think they're good. I might even review one tomorrow from the hot tub!

QUOTE (Colt45 @ Feb 6 2009, 03:24 AM)

With other cigars at your disposal, would you guys really reach for this one at all?

No

I think Rob's reply pretty much sums up the Monte Edmundo.

QUOTE (Colt45 @ Feb 6 2009, 03:24 AM)

No

I think Rob's reply pretty much sums up the Monte Edmundo.

Yes, and I appreciate the astute brevity, unlike the fence sitting spin doctor.

Odds for Edmundos on special next week?

i think we need intro music. i suggest bruce!

I am actually working on an intro song for these reviews.

Still a little way off, as yet. Stay tuned tho'.