Cuban Cigar Website…..An Update.

A new version of CubanCigarWebsite.com has now been released.

It has been approximately two years since this website was first conceived and released. Over this time it has developed into what has been described as “One of the best on-line resources on Cuban cigar information”. Much of this development has been driven by comments, suggestions and encouragement from many members of this Forum.

The new version had three main goals.

Firstly, to retain the overall layout and feel of the current website.

The philosophy of the website has always been to provide easily accessible up-to-date information. The website will remain free and advert free.

Secondly, to upgrade to a modern database-enabled website.

This allows quicker and easier updating and therefore better accuracy. This may be apparent by a tighter, more structured layout and data content.

Thirdly, to improve the search ability of the site.

This has been done by extending the current Lists Section and by the addition of a new powerful Advanced Search feature. The lists section is basically a quick-lookup function covering current, discontinued and special releases by date. The advanced search enables cigars is to searched by any combination of cigar name, factory name, common name, brand, ring size or length (exact value or range) date released or discontinued (exact date or range), and any combination of special release types.

FOH’s own ZeddarTeretz has freely and generously donated his time and programming skills in developing the new website. Without Alex’s enthusiasm and expertise this improvement may never have occurred. I wish to sincerely thank Alex for his many suggestions and his input during this development.

The new site is now up and running. Over the next few weeks, some bugs may arise, but these will be corrected as soon as possible.

The next major stage of development is the improvement of the cigar photographs. This will involve new high resolution images taken under uniform lighting conditions. Virtually all the current cigars have been obtained and the special releases are presently being sought. I wish to thank the many people who have generously opened their humidors to supply many of these scarce cigars. This type of support is invaluable for the development of the site.

A news section is shortly to be introduced to cover advance news of upcoming items, such as future deletions, releases, packaging changes, and the like. It will be strictly limited to those items that may eventually make their way into the website proper.

Another recent welcome addition to the website was Jay’s Photo Gallery, which appears to have been well received by all.

As always, any suggestions, improvements or corrections are always welcome.

Trevor2118

» FOH’s own ZeddarTeretz has freely and generously donated his time and

» programming skills in developing the new website. Without Alex’s

» enthusiasm and expertise this improvement may never have occurred. I wish

» to sincerely thank Alex for his many suggestions and his input during this

» development.

So, You gave cigars him did you? I heard it from him.

Looking good Trevor. That's a great site you have there.

I almost hate to say it because I like the fact that there's no advertising but you should be making money out of it. It should at least be paying for itself. I see it referenced more and more often on the various forums.

It's the only cuban cigar reference site I know that stays up to date and accurate.

You're doing a great service for all of us.

Edit. Thanks Trevor!

i know you have been hard at work and i can't wait to see the new look of everything.

i am honored to be a part of the best cuban cigar information website on the entire web!!

thank you trevor and a big thanks to all who have given me such positive feedback towards the photo gallery. i will continue to hunt for great habanos shots for all to enjoy.

:-)

sincerely

Jay Hemingway

» Looking good Trevor. That's a great site you have there.

» I almost hate to say it because I like the fact that there's no advertising but you (should) be making money out of it. It should at least be paying for itself. I see it referenced more and more often on the various forums.

» It's the only cuban cigar reference site I know that stays up to date and accurate.

» You're doing a great service for all of us.

There's no advertising because this is my retirement hobby. :yes:

I've never made any money out of any of my hobbies to date....why start now :-D

» » FOH’s own ZeddarTeretz has freely and generously donated his time and programming skills in developing the new website. Without Alex’s enthusiasm and expertise this improvement may never have occurred. I wish to sincerely thank Alex for his many suggestions and his input during this development.

» So, You gave cigars (to) him did you? I heard it from him.

Yos, trust you to sniff out the cigars.....:lol::lol2::lol3:

» There's no advertising because this is my retirement hobby. :yes:

»

» I've never made any money out of any of my hobbies to date....why start

» now :-D

Fair enough and good to hear it.

Habanos SA is looking to keep you busy over the next couple of years!

» » There's no advertising because this is my retirement hobby. :yes:

» »

» » I've never made any money out of any of my hobbies to date....why start

» » now :-D

»

» Fair enough and good to hear it.

» Habanos SA is looking to keep you busy over the next couple of years!

One of the reasons site was changed to a data based driven one ;-)

First off I love your site, it is oftentimes the most helpful resource I can find.

One request. I know you have links to lists like current productions and discontinued vitolas but I would really like a "printer friendly" list that just lists the infomation and not the picture of the cigar on the right side.

Just so I am being clear, I think the pictures are essential, I would just like the option to print the lists without them.

Going to check out the new site now!

» One request. I know you have links to lists like current productions and discontinued vitolas but I would really like a "printer friendly" list that just lists the infomation and not the picture of the cigar on the right side.

»

» Just so I am being clear, I think the pictures are essential, I would just like the option to print the lists without them.

Alex can probabily do this in a jiff......:lookaround:.........:-D

» I would just like the option to print the lists without (the cigar images).

» Alex can probably do this in a jiff......:lookaround:.........:-D

Well, Alex had this done before I even emailed him.

There are now two lots of Lists, one with images and one without.

Also an option has been added to the Advance Search section to include or exclude images.

Well done Alex. :ok:

I first contacted Trev about improving his site in May when I was trying to identify a blind tasting cigar, and lamented the lack of a search function on his site (I wanted to get a fast list of cigars of a particular length and ring gauge), and it has been my pleasure to contribute my time to improving a site to which Trev has generously contributed so much of his.

The advanced search is the main difference that most of you will notice on the site, but the real improvement I feel is for Trev, as updating and maintaining it will now take him a fraction of the time it did previously.

I really feel that CubanCigarWebsite is the best resource in the world for the collector of Cuban cigars.