Your favorite Siglo\'s

DC going towards 3 and 4 i think this time around .

Dont remember if i ever had Siglo 5 before but heard they are a med to full cigar so i like that.Maybe soon

Go to hear from you DC..:-)

» DC going towards 3 and 4 i think this time around .

»

» Dont remember if i ever had Siglo 5 before but heard they are a med to

» full cigar so i like that.Maybe soon

»

» Go to hear from you DC..:-)

Actually, as I think about it, I have never had a bad Siglo V. Bad Siglo IV? On occasion. And as someone else mentioned, Siglo VI's can be hit and miss.

Maybe Siglo V is the king of the Siglo's.

None of them are bad smokes, but clearly some are better than others....

Siglo I and II are smokes for a time-based smoking decision.

Siglo III is in a wasteland. It may be the best corona or it may be the most plain corona. I will let others weigh in on their opinions without tainting this....

I am very interested in what everyone else thinks.

Cheers,

DC

When 6's are good, they're very very good and when they're bad they're rotten.

It's rare I've had a bad 5 or a 2.

Agree with DC about 1&2 being a time constained choice but I'm finding them more and more the choice when I'm out given the lack of smoking venues.

» When 6's are good, they're very very good and when they're bad they're

» rotten.

»

» It's rare I've had a bad 5 or a 2.

»

» Agree with DC about 1&2 being a time constained choice but I'm finding

» them more and more the choice when I'm out given the lack of smoking

» venues.

What about Siglo III, Al?

Believe it or not, I have a box of Siglo III's from early 06 that I would consider absolutely great. I hid them from myself and cannot find them. They have that Cohiba, earthy sweet bean flavor, only more intensely expressed. They are a joy to smoke. Perhaps I just got a lucky box.

Then for me the IV is the most consistent. I have smoked through 4 or 5 boxes, and all have been from good to great.

Siglo IIs and VIs for me are quite inconsistent. When they are on, they are spectacular smokes, but that is not that often to me.

I used to love III's DC but the last few I've had just didn't seem to be as good as I remembered them.

Since joining up with you reprobates I've expanded my horizions and there's not a lot of Cuban current production I haven't smoked. (Sit on the deck with El Pres one Friday Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night and you can go through a manufacturers catalogue in a sitting...with toilet breaks thrown in).

I know my taste has changed this year and I'm tending towards much fuller volume and more robust tasting cigars. The Siggy III doesn't seem to be coming to the party.

Could be I've just fried my tastebuds, but I don't think so.

I have only had 1's and 3's and out of those I like the 3's better. The problem I have had with my 3's though are many of them have been plugged. But when they are on they are great. I actually put both boxes away for a couple years. They each have about 16 sticks left in the.

-P

» Can't say any of them have never disappointed,

There is no marca/vitola that has never disapointed I agree. The 3 and 6 are my most trusted. I have been let down by tight 1's and 5's and rough bitter 2's.

»

» What about Siglo III, Al?

well i have about 1/2 a box of these and havent gotten much out of them. I am saving them for another year or so to see what happens to them. I love the size, just not "on" yet. I think they are 2005 stock.

Yes the sig 2 is perfect for short on time smoke, but if i could find the same qualities in a slightly larger cigar.........hmmm.......i would be a happy guy!

Any suggestions?

I always keep a box of Sig II and IV's in the humidor. I have never been disappointed in Sig III's either. The Sig VI needs a lot of humidor time in my opinion and has been more miss than hit in my experience.

Granted, I have been a strong propondent of thinner ring cigars because I enjoy stronger flavor and body. Those that enjoy mild and meek cigars tend to prefer the thicker ring cigars such as the Sig VI.;-)

» I always keep a box of Sig II and IV's in the humidor. I have never been

» disappointed in Sig III's either. The Sig VI needs a lot of humidor time

» in my opinion and has been more miss than hit in my experience.

»

» Granted, I have been a strong propondent of thinner ring cigars because I

» enjoy stronger flavor and body. Those that enjoy mild and meek cigars tend

» to prefer the thicker ring cigars such as the Sig VI.;-)

Chuck,

Are you trying to pick a fight or something? Bring it, beeyatch! :yes:

Cheers,

DC

Fat Cigar Lover (not to be confused with Fatcigar's lover)

Have never been disappointed with II, III, & IV....do like the VI but they have not come around just yet for my taste. Keep the III & IV at close reach in the humi at all times. Have 5 bx. of the VI (ROA 06) for ageing and I thnk they will be great in 3-5yrs.

Hey Jimmy,

I really like the Siglo 1's( I think Feb 07 Box Code). They were not great out of the box, but after two months in the humidor it is a whole new cigar. It was fantastic. I took one with me to a diner (cant name the company) at the RTDA and took the band off and smoked it and it blew me away. I do not think my rep was too happy, but I could not put it down.

I also love the Siglo V. I may be picking up a 2001 box for a great deal from my friend. I usually smoke smaller cigars, but my friend gave me one last year for New Years and it was great. I figured these would be for special smokes.

Thank you

jimmy, good post.

for me, 6 is clear and away the winner. love them. i know that a lot of you have found them hit and miss - perhaps i have just been lucky with them. have very very rarely had a dud and many have been brilliant though agree with those that see them needing more time.

then 4's or 2's.