Worst Cuban Cigar you own.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

» What is the worst Cuban Cigar you own? The cigar that you just cannot get

»

Well, some are going to yell but i had a cabinet of 50 SLR Churchill that was... AWFULL...

Maybe 2 were acceptable, rest were plugged, lack of aromas, nothing in it...

It was so terrible that I never ever purchased SLR Church since then...

I know it is a mistake but I can't get this experience out of my mind...

It was a 2000 or 2001 cabinet...

Mine is a box of Partagas Shorts from '05. Can't remember the box code. But all of them with the exception of one have been plugged big time. Sucks because the taste seems to be quite good. Just cannot get enough smoke out of it to enjoy it.

» Guantanamera Compay. There is nothing I've ever smoked from Cuba that comes

» close. Vile. And no, I didn't buy them, I was gifted them.

On my first ever trip to Cuba when I was a novice cigar smoker my girlfriend wanted to do the Tropicana cabaret as part of the trip: To cut a long story short, crap food, mediocre show and a real tourist trap but the only possible positive from it was the fact that they were giving out a free cigar and some rum to enjoy during the show outside.

I got the cigar (knowing sweet fa about them at that stage) and as soon as I opened the tube I knew there was something wrong: The cigar smelled rank and unlike anything I'd tried before. I resealed the tube (Guantanamera Cristales) and gave it away, vowing that I would learn more aout cigars and never ever smoke a guantanamera. I think the best thing you can do is find someone you dislike and give them the box, they are terrible and as Habano's seme to be going for the premium end of the market I wonder what they're doing selling these...

Unbanded '97 Boli Inmensa(Or so the vendor says. I'm almost certain that these are a compellation of all the returned dowels he took back from '98-'00).

When I am able to get smoke through one of them, it is good Cuban tobacco initially, but the hard draws always eventually equal harsh smokes. The wrapper on many of them is also fireproof, which lends to more harshness with relights, and reinforces my conviction of '99-00 terbacky.

Needless to say, I have not bought from this guy in many moons.

»

» A 2007 Trini Reyes (OUR SEP 07). Got a few in a box split, and the only

» one I've smoked so far was tightly plugged. I've heard so many good

» things about these that I tried hard to smoke this cigar, but it wouldn't

» give in. I hope the remaining sticks will be better!

I'll 2nd the Trini Reyes (Sep 07)

Monte #2 OSE JUN 06. Not from Czar but from a dealer you (Rob) told me should be trustworthy. They're pathetic. They have mottled ugly wrappers, a thin draw and no aroma, but mainly they have almost no taste. What little flavor there is bears no resemblance to a great Monte 2.

I also have some PSD4 LKV DIC 05 which are infuriating, with the stovepipe draw and coal tar flavor. However, when I took three out of the box a few weeks ago one was good. Its wrapper smelled sweet, whereas the others are bitter. Maybe these aren't dead yet.

» Right now, BBF POSMAR07, smoked a couple, very complex and enticing smoke

» but light to medium bodied, not what i was looking for. will let them

» rest and try in 6 months.

half your luck!

this sounds like someone complaining because their supermodel girlfriend only likes to sleep with you and two other supermodel friends, not three! if your worst smoke is 'very complex and enticing', i'd be buying lottery tickets.

stay away from the monte C's, they will shatter your illusions.

» » Right now, BBF POSMAR07, smoked a couple, very complex and enticing

» smoke

» » but light to medium bodied, not what i was looking for. will let them

» » rest and try in 6 months.

»

» half your luck!

» this sounds like someone complaining because their supermodel girlfriend

» only likes to sleep with you and two other supermodel friends, not three!

» if your worst smoke is 'very complex and enticing', i'd be buying lottery

» tickets.

» stay away from the monte C's, they will shatter your illusions.

Enjoyed the supermodel analogy Ken! I don't have many smokes at all at the moment, and the BBF was up against the following: VRDA from 05 (v. good), Upmann no.2's from 02 (have finally come round) and SdCno.1 from 06 (v. good).

Still, the BBF's are currently the worst cubans I own!

BTW - I'll get a lottery ticket this evening ;)

» I had Upman magnum 46 and Punch punch and gifted it crossbow.

» They're really flavorless

What!?! You're such a bastard! Giving away the crap cigars... I'd never have expected this from a Japanese guy. The **** I know would be ashamed to do this.

» » I had Upman magnum 46 and Punch punch and gifted it crossbow.

» » They're really flavorless

»

» What!?! You're such a bastard! Giving away the crap cigars... I'd never

» have expected this from a Japanese guy. The **** I know would be ashamed

» to do this.

Well. Let me excuse this, I had told the flavorlessness him before and he said no problem. and It was not trade but gift.

Obviously I'm the more objective fellow in this forum, i also love dirty stuff, specially when girls talk dirty to me... therefore I propose myself as a receiver of all the filthy and dirty bad apples in your humidors. I will smoke and post reviews with pictures (not necessarily cigar pictures).

» Obviously I'm the more objective fellow in this forum, i also love dirty

» stuff, specially when girls talk dirty to me... therefore I propose myself

» as a receiver of all the filthy and dirty bad apples in your humidors. I

» will smoke and post reviews with pictures (not necessarily cigar

» pictures).

Taino, I could not in good conscience send you the RAASS I posted about. I tried another after posting.

It was easily a 52 ring if not fatter, with little flavor and no depth. If these ever change it will be alchemy.

They would not even make good fishing cigars, and besides, given that you are a known associate

of a certain Aussie rat pack, I'm not too sure I want to be responsible for the posting of your non-cigar photos......

» monte C's.

» every single cuaba (with the promising exception of the new LE),

» especially the salamones.

I like Monte C's whether or not they are the same blend as some other EL....

The new Cuaba Piramides is an ass-kicker. I did not like the first I had. While I do not disagree greatly on your opinion of past Cuabas, I am not so sure about EL 2008.

Monte Sublime EL 2008? That is a buy, smoke, and store cigar. Truly great.

The Cuaba 2008 - left me sitting on my ass wondering which way was up? It was too damn strong for me, and that is rare for me to say. I will probably skip these for my collection.

I have not tried the Partagas Serie D No. 5 yet. Anyone have an opinion? Are they like Serie D No. 4 - blend-wise?