Worst Cuban Cigar you own.

What is the worst Cuban Cigar you own? The cigar that you just cannot get your head around....the cigar which is a serial disappointment.

List the cigar and particular year or box code. Often it is a case that it is not the Marque or vitola but the production period.

Let's see if there a few of the same culprits come to the fore?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

» What is the worst Cuban Cigar you own? The cigar that you just cannot get

» your head around....the cigar which is a serial disappointment.

»

» List the cigar and particular year or box code. Often it is a case that it

» is not the Marque or vitola but the production period.

»

» Let's see if there a few of the same culprits come to the fore?

I tried.... but going through my memory banks I cant pick out a serial offender.

Of course there were some let downs... but none that were consistent let downs every time I lit them.

Easy one for me. '06 Party shorts.... awful... Seriously considering tossing them because they are taking up precious space. I can never get myself to do it though. I try one every once in a while in hopes that it has turned around. So far... every one I have had was underwhelming.

The worst: whole box of Hoyo de Monterrey, Le Hoyo du Prince (TDC CCUE). Tasteless, plugged, ugly… I’m fighting with myself every month not to throw them in the trash.

Second place: Bolivar, Royal Corona (OSU MAR 01). Pure cardboard taste, uneven burn. I stopped to offer them even to people I dislike.

A box of Montecristo #4 PML September 06. Of the 6 or 7 I've had, they've all been bad. Mostly tarry flavors, and not much else. I've had a few Monte #4 singles that were much better than this box.

RyJ Belicoso, 2002. The only dominant flavor was ammonia and then boring, insipid badness. The only box of cigars I have ever returned (Trevor just had me keep them and credited me, this was years ago.)

Every once in a while when I am really hating myself I light one up. Don't know why I keep them out of the garbage.

I've had a few dogs in my day, but most of the truly bad stuff has been either smoked, given away, for tossed.

I still have EIGHT Monte No. 2's from AGO04 that are still sleepin. Every time I am tempted to see if they have "improved", I come to my senses and grab a younger, and better example. Even my DIC04 are astonishingly better; quite good, in fact, with classic bittersweet cocoa and cream.

What's wrong with 'em? The taste. They are insipid. Blah, blah, blah.

»

»

Partagas Short PTS ABR 07.

» The worst: whole box of Hoyo de Monterrey, Le Hoyo du Prince (TDC CCUE).

» Tasteless, plugged, ugly… I’m fighting with myself every month not to

» throw them in the trash.

Well, said. I had a more recent box that after 5 smokes did get binned.

Cohiba Siglo Vs from 2001. Was expecting a box, but got 5X5 cardboard packs. Cigars were dry & nasty tasting. Gave one to the drummer in my band who's cigar philosophy is the cheaper the better & even he couldn't stand the taste.

honorable mention to a box of 99 SLR Regios. The plugged ones tasted better than the ones with a draw.:crying:

» Trinidad RE OIK OCT04. Smoked 3 out of a box of 15. Thoroughly

» disappointing.

»

»

» :confused::sleeping:

WOW...you jogged my memory..I dont have the box code at work but the box of Trini RE I have ...every single one has been crap...I am waiting to see if they come around....I keep hoping but I think I may need to toss them

»

»

A 2007 Trini Reyes (OUR SEP 07). Got a few in a box split, and the only one I've smoked so far was tightly plugged. I've heard so many good things about these that I tried hard to smoke this cigar, but it wouldn't give in. I hope the remaining sticks will be better!

Cuaba Salamones from early 2007 and Trinidad RE's, I can not get any taste from either of them. I have smoked about 6 of each, and nothing at all to call even semi exciting.

It is funny because I love the Reyes and Ingenios, but the RE is like jerking off for 2 hours.