the politically correct police at it again

a while ago, i posted a new beer ad, which i reckon is not a bad one. well, it is currently being dragged down the regulator's grubby allies and in strife. apparently it is designed to get young children to drink beer. for god's sake (though invoking his name may be a stretch after my earlier posts today), have we gone completely mad? it is a fun ad.

www.fortheloveofbeer.com.au

i think that the longer i live, the more depressing humanity becomes. thank god (again, refer above) for cigars, fishing, rugby (in a good year), wine and a few other things...

» a while ago, i posted a new beer ad, which i reckon is not a bad one. well,

» it is currently being dragged down the regulator's grubby allies and in

» strife. apparently it is designed to get young children to drink beer. for

» god's sake (though invoking his name may be a stretch after my earlier

» posts today), have we gone completely mad? it is a fun ad.

»

»

»

» www.fortheloveofbeer.com.au

»

» i think that the longer i live, the more depressing humanity becomes.

» thank god (again, refer above) for cigars, fishing, rugby (in a good

» year), wine and a few other things...

Well it was rather Telletubbies-ish... ;-)

Thats insane. The ad wont appeal to young kids. Young kids dont have money and cant buy beer. When they become teenagers and have a bit of money and can by beer on the sly, they wont be inspired by that ad to drink beer. Clever ad, a change from the normal beer stuff. But the PC cops must focus on other things.....like stopping the criminalisation and harrasment of peace loving Cigar smokers

I, for one, think that children should drink beer. I did. And my father gave it to me. Now, I didn't drink enough to get really drunk, mind you. But I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed being with my Dad.

That's a cute ad. It's catchy. It shouldn't be run during Saturday morning cartoons, though. Or Sesame Street, if SS had ads. No, it should be aired in the afternoon on weekends, when adults are glued to the tube, and wondering what to do for the rest of the weekend. Maybe they'll throw a block party. But that's their choice. Not for Big Brother to decide.

Now, how about a cute ad for Habanos?

speaking of beer ads, have any other aussie FOHers seen the latest Tooheys Extra Dry ad (no not the tongue one) but the one where this redneck looking dude is planting his hair in the ground. Everytime I see that ad I switch channels, God it is annoying!!!

» speaking of beer ads, have any other aussie FOHers seen the latest Tooheys

» Extra Dry ad (no not the tongue one) but the one where this redneck

» looking dude is planting his hair in the ground. Everytime I see that ad I

» switch channels, God it is annoying!!!

Great ad... particularly when I have missed my meds... hang on, or is it when I am on my meds?... Kant remember!

luv da dude'd hairdo... and the psychedelic mix of anime+alien cocoon (the original movie)+self cloning+cult building (a la Jim Jones) concepts.... plus great sound track...

(for those outta OZ, it can be watched at http://www.harvested.com.au/ and follow the TED TV link)

» speaking of beer ads, have any other aussie FOHers seen the latest Tooheys

» Extra Dry ad (no not the tongue one) but the one where this redneck

» looking dude is planting his hair in the ground. Everytime I see that ad I

» switch channels, God it is annoying!!!

Bloody long too. I was sitting there for a few minutes wondering just wtf was going on.

» thank god (again, refer above) for cigars, fishing, rugby (in a good

» year), wine and a few other things...

Does anyone else find it curious that Ken did not mention attractive women among his top four favorite things?:confused: