Cohiba Siglo II ENE 06

Good mate Paul Spiro popped in late in the day and I pulled a pair of Cohiba Siglo II to enjoy. Paul is both a top lawyer and a top guy (yes....normally mutually exclusive :lol: ) who enjoys a beer, a cigar and a great night. Unfotunately we are both cut from the same block of wood in that if we are not home by 9pm then we will not be home before 3am. I am referring here to lunches.

Anyway back to the Cohiba Siglo II. Let me address some key issues:

1. This was the richest cigar I have enjoyed in a long time.

2. This was one of the smoothest cigars I have had in a long time.

3. I can remember almost every hedonistic draw even now...18 hrs later.

Habanos has put the CC's back in Cohiba. Power up to full body or at least in this box. This Cohiba was not visually enticing. Nice if somewhat pale complextion. You would normally pass on it if it was in your local humidor. What a mistake.

From the opening...sumptious...perfect draw was viscous double cream, dash of honey and an edge of wheatgrass. Somwhere in there mixed toasted tobacco and coffee grounds. What smoothness, what richness and what a fricken sensational cigar. Class personified. Absolute highest quality leaf possible. Flavour intensity and complexity.

Smithy and I will review this cigar again this afternoon. I do not normall wax this lyrical or ever rate this highly. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes it is a surreal experience. This was the latter.

Who waxes . . . poetic!?

That good, eh? I'm always looking for that surreal out-of-body smoke. Were you actually in charge of the smoke or were you unwittingly seduced and held captive by the Cuban mistress? :love:

Still have that box code? If so, I may have to endure the anguish of yet again pushing fiscal limits. Am I too presume, however, that with this Sig II the pain will be exquisite?:lol2:

The II I smoked recently ranked right up there after the SIG VI & SIG V for me.

This begs the question: Has there ever been a SIG linea tasting? I mean taking one or two from the same year as close as possible and ranking them in preference?

I did it recently but all were singles of vastly different ages so it was difficult.

I will need to purchase some samples at some point in time. After reading your review on the Montecristo No. 4 and now this, it looks like the Mareva lovers of the world are going to be in for some good smokes down the road! Thanks to both you and Smithy for the review(s). Was Lisa off to the bank when this review session took place? ;-)

» The II I smoked recently ranked right up there after the SIG VI & SIG V for

» me.

»

» This begs the question: Has there ever been a SIG linea tasting? I mean

» taking one or two from the same year as close as possible and ranking them

» in preference?

»

» I did it recently but all were singles of vastly different ages so it was

» difficult.

In the newest issue of the European Cigar Cult Journal, there is a review of each of the Cohibas. Fairly enjoyable read if you can get a copy.

One of my favorite cigars, it is great to hear that they are smoking so well this young, maybe I do not need to put these into long term storage. :-D

» So, Rob, What is the box code of the Siglo II's that were on the latest

» special that you had? Some of us that ordered them have not received the

» box yet and are wondering what it is?

No kiddin'. I've had my Sig II's a couple of days. I expect the box pretty soon. Can't wait to see the box code now. They do look nice.

» So, Rob, What is the box code of the Siglo II's that were on the latest

» special that you had? Some of us that ordered them have not received the

» box yet and are wondering what it is?

To be honest I can't remember Tampa but I suspect they were all ENE 06.

» Excellent review Pres!

» Makes me want a box. :hungry:

»

» But I think I will probably wait for the tubed version. Any idea how much

» more $$$ they will be?

We will see the tubes before the end of the year. Be prepared for a 7.5% premium.

» This Cohiba was not visually enticing. Nice if somewhat pale

» complextion. You would normally pass on it if it was in your local

» humidor. What a mistake.

I smoked a Siglo II that was the same way. Looked like a dried dog **** and very GREEN in color and boy was it not Cohiba-looking but the flavor - holy **** did its appearance bely its taste.

• 2 weeks later...

» » Excellent review Pres!

» » Makes me want a box. :hungry:

» »

» » But I think I will probably wait for the tubed version. Any idea how

» much

» » more $$$ they will be?

»

» We will see the tubes before the end of the year. Be prepared for a 7.5%

» premium.

Prez, I grabbed 2 boxes in tubes yesterday from the factory in Holguin - so they are in production. If they're that good this young, will have to crack one this afternoon! Stocked up on some 15 ano Santiago & (get this) a 4.5 litre bottle of Johnny Walker gold label (in dusty box with stand) for only CUC85!!

»

» Prez, I grabbed 2 boxes in tubes yesterday from the factory in Holguin -

» so they are in production. If they're that good this young, will have to

» crack one this afternoon! Stocked up on some 15 ano Santiago & (get this)

» a 4.5 litre bottle of Johnny Walker gold label (in dusty box with stand)

» for only CUC85!!

Marty....no doubt you picked up fakes and a Johnny Walker gold label bottle filled with urine :-D

Keep well mate....exactly how much trouble are you getting into down at Moa :cool:

»

» Keep well mate....exactly how much trouble are you getting into down at

» Moa :cool:

Well, the disco kind of sucks, but the night sticks are just as hard & the pepper spray just as bad as anywhere I've been.:crying:

We've only had one hurricane this year so should well be a bumper crop!

»

» Well, the disco kind of sucks, but the night sticks are just as hard & the

» pepper spray just as bad as anywhere I've been.:crying:

»

» We've only had one hurricane this year so should well be a bumper crop!

I always picked you as a Bee Gees type of man :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just sampled my first '06 Siglo II today, and it was an eye-opener alright. Very strong, sharply spicy, slightly sweet with a peppery finish. One of the most intense young Cohibas I've yet smoked. While certainly enjoyable, I think that these will need a couple of years to take off the edge and bring out the sweet spices. An easy 92 with enormous potential.