What is wrong with this photo

The wood on the right hand side of the Hoyo's is a different colour and maybe not cedar ??? Really I haven't got a clue...................... :-|

Wilkey how about a little clue ;-)

Hmmm... the groove on the sides and rear of the cedar lining suggest that another thin piece of cedar was used to act as an interior dust cover; the missing front piece of cedar was more likely than not glued to the thin cover as a pull.

The sides are not warped. They are both arched to provide handles to remove the tray for access to the cigars below.

If there’s something wrong with the smokes, I’d have to defer to Tampa on that one.

» The bands are switched on the Partagas Royales and the Romeo Hermosos No.

» 3's.

»

» You'd think with something like the 510th humidor, Cuba would get it

» right...

»

»

What he said.

Were bands actually put on wrong or do the cigars also have the wrong dimensions? From the picture, the Partagas and the RyJ look to have a similar ring gauge of about 48/49, but from the MRN book, Royales are supposed to have a 40 ring gauge.

Credit belongs where credit is due.

Lisa, if you check the emails that I sent to you and Rob alerting you to this anomaly, you'll see that I made reference to a club member who spotted this and then contacted me about it. I did not provide his handle since the situation was still quite mysterious at the time.

Spartagas is that individual. Take a bow, mate. :clap:

You are the first person in the entire world, since these humidors were issued in 2003, to spot and report this elusive error of transposition.

All I did was dog this down with Lisa and Rob.

In any case, a minor mystery has surfaced, and has been solved by the FOH team consisting of members as well as Emperor and Queen. And most importantly, the integrity of Czar remains unassailed and unquestioned.

Best,

Wilkey

Well done Spartagas :clap:

When I was alerted yesterday I contacted the PCC Divan in Sydney and in Melbourne. Our 510 Anny humidor is No 433. The Sydney Divan Humidor was 130 something and the Melbourne Humidor 155 all three were wrong.

Angelo Giaanakopolous CEO of PCC Australia called Dag Holmboe CEO of PCC Hong Kong and alerted him to the problem. More humidors were checked throughout the Asia Pacific and you guessed it almost all were wrong.

There is a letter being issued by PCC which I will publish when I am back on Monday. There should also be a letter from Habanos s.a next week.

PCC is forwarding a box of cigars (something special I am told) to be split between the ticket holders of this months 510th anniversary humidor raffle.

So how could it happen? Just sloppy quality control. Those applying the bands would not be familiar with a Royale or a Hermoso No 3 vitola so a supervisor would need to point out what is what.

Spartagas I can tell you that your pick-up has embarrassed more than a few people in Havana and I know Friday in Havana there were a few "please explain" memo's floating around :lol:

Thank you! Although, you should really give yourselves credit for this. If it wasn't for boards such as this where owners, moderators and members have all graciously shared their knowledge with me, I would know nothing about habanos.

I'm also glad that notification of this first came from the team at the Czar...they didn't really think that this would go unnoticed by your customers, did they Rob? ;-)

» Well done Spartagas :clap:

»

» When I was alerted yesterday I contacted the PCC Divan in Sydney and in

» Melbourne. Our 510 Anny humidor is No 433. The Sydney Divan Humidor was

» 130 something and the Melbourne Humidor 155 all three were wrong.

» Angelo Giaanakopolous CEO of PCC Australia called Dag Holmboe CEO of PCC

» Hong Kong and alerted him to the problem. More humidors were checked

» throughout the Asia Pacific and you guessed it almost all were wrong.

» There is a letter being issued by PCC which I will publish when I am back

» on Monday. There should also be a letter from Habanos s.a next week.

»

» PCC is forwarding a box of cigars (something special I am told) to be

» split between the ticket holders of this months 510th anniversary humidor

» raffle.

»

» So how could it happen? Just sloppy quality control. Those applying the

» bands would not be familiar with a Royale or a Hermoso No 3 vitola so a

» supervisor would need to point out what is what.

»

» Spartagas I can tell you that your pick-up has embarrassed more than a few

» people in Havana and I know Friday in Havana there were a few "please

» explain" memo's floating around :lol:

» When were these humidors first on the Market?

»

» I know that could look at the Habanos S.A. website, but thought someone

» here could easily answer this question.

The Monte #2's have the old band on them. I have read they began distribution in 2003. I could be wrong.

Nice apology from the PC group, however how can this happen ?...........

Where are these humidors "compiled or assembled" ?

Are the R&J and Partagas made in the same factory ?

I would have thought that (excuse my ignorance) that the cigars for the special edition humidors would arrive already banded and only the additional "special" band would be added.

» Nice apology from the PC group, however how can this happen ?...........

»

» Where are these humidors "compiled or assembled" ?

»

» Are the R&J and Partagas made in the same factory ?

»

» I would have thought that (excuse my ignorance) that the cigars for the

» special edition humidors would arrive already banded and only the

» additional "special" band would be added.

Poor PCC had nothing to do with it. They received the humidors each individually packed in special Habanos s.a crates which were then shipped to various distributors in their Asia Pacific empire.

Because the humidors themselves would have been sent no more than say one per major retailer, the retailer would have opened them and not even looked twice at the configuration of bands and cigars. It is not as if the retailer would open one of these on a regular basis.

The mistake is at factory level. The cigars for the humidor would have been rolled and ribboned awaiting bands to be placed on them. Because these are not in production vitola's, few within the factory would know the difference between a Royale and a Hermoso No 3. All it would have taken is a wrong instruction from a supervisor and voila....mistake.

Once complete the humidor is crated and sent to the Habanos s.a warehouse. It would not have been looked at again until opened in the retail store.

I have seen a few blunders in my time...but this ranks right up there :lol: