Giants won last night after Patrick Baileys walk off 3 run bomb. I like this kid. Nobody can fill Buster Posey's shoes, but so far it's been fun to watch him play.

On the other hand, Jorge Soler has been not so fun to watch.

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The season is a long one, full of peaks and troughs (or valleys). Let's see where the Red Sox are around the mid-point...which is traditionally around the All-Star Game in July. I'm excited for T

Football consumes me in the winter so much I haven’t had a chance to really check in on things yet. My Boys in Blue do anything noteworthy???

So,this happened @BigGuns.🤣😵‍💫

3 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Easy like a Sunday morning... Sox demolition of Cubs in progress. emoji846.png

Yeah, well blowout games are far more relaxing than extra-inning ones, that's for sure!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JohnS said:

Yeah, well blowout games are far more relaxing than extra-inning ones, that's for sure!

That said, when position players start pitching it's a bit of a non-event... but I'll take what I can get. :D

Also, usually find after a blowout win the bats go quiet and you lose 1-0 or something. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Also, usually find after a blowout win the bats go quiet and you lose 1-0 or something. 

How true is that? That's Baseball!

• Like 1

Giants won 2 series and split one at home. Now off to play Boston, the Phillies and then to the worst place to play baseball, Coors Field. Hopefully we can win there 18 to 12 😵‍💫

2 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Royals got off to good start but have come back down to earth a bit. Still, they look much better than they were over the last several years. 

That's not saying much.

Interesting delay last night in AZ

IMG_6019.jpeg.3b2b2da00b6914a31798f5763c48f3f5.jpeg

Game started an hour and a half late and LAD lost in 10. Much nicer goings on this evening (currently up 6-0, not a bee in sight)

• Like 1

The most exciting thing Jorge Soler has done for the Giants so far is breaking his bat over his knee out of frustration. While our pitching is good and defense vastly improved,and Jung Hoo Lee exceeding expectations as a rookie,the offense is 20th in the league. That's not gonna cut it. Dodgers are pulling away. We play them soon. I don't see the Giants as a playoff team that's for certain.

3 hours ago, KCCubano said:

@Capn_Jackson. Your Rangers come to KC for a three game set starting tonight. 

Man, this semester has been so busy I have hardly paid any attention to baseball. I’m missing out! I know Salvy’s getting it done, and I know KC won more games in April than they did in April/May combined last year. 

Students are testing. Papers almost graded, and grades will be submitted this weekend, so I’ll have some time to watch soon!

• Like 1

Blue Jays are frustrating to watch. Decent pitching with a pop-gun offence. Their so called stars can't hit most nights and the manager can't or won't change the batting order.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 5:53 PM, JohnS said:

Honestly, not expecting big things from our Mets this year. I'd be interested to see which one of the young prospects comes up into the Major Leagues and makes a name for themselves this season.

So, this season is turning out in the NL East as I thought it would. For the Mets, I knew pre-season that it would be a rebuild year. After selling off our big-name signings (i.e. Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander) and getting a heap of prospects in return, our farm system is actually looking good for once (or perhaps ever since I can remember).

I'm looking forward to Christian Scott making his major league debut as he is scheduled to pitch against the Tampa Bay Rays tomorrow. I hope he goes well enough to stay in the rotation and can stay relatively injury-free.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Capn_Jackson said:

Man, this semester has been so busy I have hardly paid any attention to baseball. I’m missing out! I know Salvy’s getting it done, and I know KC won more games in April than they did in April/May combined last year. 

Students are testing. Papers almost graded, and grades will be submitted this weekend, so I’ll have some time to watch soon!

Royals took game one thanks to a six run inning. Won 7-1. 

The Blue Jays started out quite well and were fun to watch but they are fading fast and battling for a wild card spot is starting to feel unrealistic. It wouldn't surprise me if John Schneider is the first manager fired this year.

• Like 2

The Giants are 15-21 heading to Colorado and then we play the Dodgers. Something better turn around and fast lol. Ticket prices may plummet though so that's good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

The Giants are 15-21 heading to Colorado and then we play the Dodgers. Something better turn around and fast lol. Ticket prices may plummet though so that's good. 

Yeah, it's rough when you get to feeling that a streak is required quickly to turn things around... fighting the math can get out of hand quickly. 

The Red Sox are 19-16 and 4.5 gb. Totally manageable spot but it already feels like we need a streak just to keep pace with the O's and Yanks. Injuries so key for this roster at the moment, another big one (especially in pitching) could see the wheels fly off, but I like what I've seen so far overall... a couple of key trades (this year or next) could see this being a pretty decent side. 

I never figured we would keep pace with L.A. they are just too deep. But I still feel if the offense gets going we have the pitching to carry us to a wild card. Now in another month things could be a different story. Right now it's tough to watch.

• Like 1