• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The season is a long one, full of peaks and troughs (or valleys). Let's see where the Red Sox are around the mid-point...which is traditionally around the All-Star Game in July. I'm excited for T

Football consumes me in the winter so much I haven’t had a chance to really check in on things yet. My Boys in Blue do anything noteworthy???

So,this happened @BigGuns.🤣😵‍💫

Sox split their opening series at Seattle. I'll take that. Far from horrible, and surprisingly actually liked a lot of what I saw from the rotation & pen.

1-0 loss in the 2nd game and a tough loss in extras in the 3rd game... both without Devers. 

On to the A's! 

How has your mob started? 

The Mets had a decent Spring training which resulted in been swept in three games by Milwaukee to open the season. I could ring the alarm bells, but usually the Mets do well in the first few months of a season before they inevitably fall away. It'd be funny if they actually find form going into the postseason for once. (It's still) Early days!

• Like 1

Giants first 4 games gave me these takeaways:

1. Our defense and offense is definitely better.

2. We have some good starting pitching.

3. Jung Hoo Lee and Chapman are exciting to watch so far.

4. Bullpen needs to be worked out and starting pitching will have more depth once Cobb is healthy and if Ray can get back to previous form before TJ surgery. 

The NL West is going to be interesting this year!

• Like 2

Rangers off to a hot start. Tonight, though, Jung exited with a broken wrist after being hit by former Astros pitcher Phil Maton. Maton also plunked Garcia and Carter in the same inning. Seems fishy to me.

Texas will be alright. Lots of guys can rotate in and out at 3rd. Very glad now they’ve still got Duran on board!

• Like 1

Have I mentioned how much I dislike the Dodgers? My friend and I were trying to decide tonight if Mookie Betts is on roids of is that just our hatred 😅😅. They are smashing us. Granted they have the best lineup they've probably ever had in this group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ford2112 said:

Have I mentioned how much I dislike the Dodgers? My friend and I were trying to decide tonight if Mookie Betts is on roids of is that just our hatred 😅😅. They are smashing us. Granted they have the best lineup they've probably ever had in this group.

That’s funny, I can’t stand the Dodgers EXCEPT I like Mookie.

For Rangers Opening Day, I had a stellar ticket. 3rd level, behind home plate but just slightly to the 3rd base side, 2nd row of the section, aisle seat. A week prior, my wife reminded me that our daughter would be in a school-wide performance at an outdoor pavilion in Arlington, on the night of the game. Couldn’t miss that, so I sold the ticket. Today, I snagged a ticket for Friday’s game. First level, smack behind home plate. Unlimited food and beer included.

Maybe I should order an Uber.

• Like 1

Well that was a delightful little warmup to start the season…now to the road we go. 

Mookie juicing…😂😂 Dude weighs a buck seventy soaking wet. He’s just a bad ass

52 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Well that was a delightful little warmup to start the season…now to the road we go. 

Mookie juicing…😂😂 Dude weighs a buck seventy soaking wet. He’s just a bad ass

I know...💩😭

• Like 1

Mookie is still a Red Sox player to me. No, I won't get over it and move on. :D

Guy's still my favourite player despite the different uniform. Insane talent. 

And a tenpin bowler from Hell as well! 🎳

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

Mookie is still a Red Sox player to me. No, I won't get over it and move on. :D

Guy's still my favourite player despite the different uniform. Insane talent. 

And a tenpin bowler from Hell as well! 🎳

I wouldn't want to admit to liking a player on the Scrubs either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

I wouldn't want to admit to liking a player on the Scrubs either.

Scrubs, you say?  Perhaps a more appropriate term would be Sweepers?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Scrubs, you say?  Perhaps a more appropriate term would be Sweepers?

I'll take my lumps. 

• Like 1

Sox 7-3 on our Road Trip to the West. Great start. Ok, so wins over the A's and Angels at this point might not be anything to write home about, but you still have to get it done. 

Home to Fenway now for the belated Home Opener... Orioles might be a better yardstick as to where we're at early on. 

Giants managed a couple wins to take the series from the Pads after being swept by LA. Snell is going to pitch next. Offense has been stagnant so far. Webb pitched a good game . 

I am fully ready to get my heart broken by the Mets after the last few games. It is going to be an up and down season but if they keep producing runs and getting back into games it should be fun to listen to at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rolaand said:

I am fully ready to get my heart broken by the Mets after the last few games. It is going to be an up and down season but if they keep producing runs and getting back into games it should be fun to listen to at least.

Royals off to good start but not too many people myself included think they can keep it up. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rolaand said:

The saga continues!!! This is going to be a wild ride

Crazy stuff. His interpreter is a total degenerate lol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KCCubano said:

@JohnS Royals and Mets coming up.

I honestly don't expect too much this season. I think @rolaand would agree...I'm waiting in anticipation for some the younger players in the Mets organisation to debut in the Majors at some point this season or next. We have some really talented players coming up and that hasn't happened for the longest time (to quote the famous Billy Joel song...pun intended!).