We're well into the heart of Spring Training and Opening Day's just a few weeks away...  :spotlight:

How's your team's off-season been... trades / injuries / etc... Where's your team at right now... predictions for the season... expert season commentary... :cigar:

Post it all below! 

Good luck to all... (except the Yankees and Dodgers, of course) :D

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The season is a long one, full of peaks and troughs (or valleys). Let's see where the Red Sox are around the mid-point...which is traditionally around the All-Star Game in July. I'm excited for T

Football consumes me in the winter so much I haven’t had a chance to really check in on things yet. My Boys in Blue do anything noteworthy???

So,this happened @BigGuns.🤣😵‍💫

8d3a29ff42b15dcb19c4e3eb1ad62327.jpg

My Giants just picked up Matt Chapman which should lead to a move of extra infielders or two. Hopefully the result is a starting pitcher signing within the next few weeks.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roundeie said:

My Giants just picked up Matt Chapman which should lead to a move of extra infielders or two. Hopefully the result is a starting pitcher signing within the next few weeks.

With our injured pitchers we really need Snell. Otherwise I like our lineup. 

Here we gooooo! Heading down to Tampa for my annual trip with my college friends in a few weeks. Into enemy territory in Tampa to watch the Yankees and Phillies go at it but at least baseball is starting!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roundeie said:

I’m partial to Monty. Not as many walks…

Probably cheaper but then again, Boras.

Football consumes me in the winter so much I haven’t had a chance to really check in on things yet. My Boys in Blue do anything noteworthy???

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

🤨🤮

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rolaand said:

Here we gooooo! Heading down to Tampa for my annual trip with my college friends in a few weeks. Into enemy territory in Tampa to watch the Yankees and Phillies go at it but at least baseball is starting!

Honestly, not expecting big things from our Mets this year. I'd be interested to see which one of the young prospects comes up into the Major Leagues and makes a name for themselves this season.

1 hour ago, BigGuns said:

You are funny! 😂

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/03/giants-to-sign-blake-snell.html

Here we go! How is your team sitting? Any hot takes? Who looks good in spring training? 

Giants signed Jung Hoo Lee, Matt Chapman, Blake Snell, Robbie Ray is recovering from TJ, we got Jorge Soler. Bob Melvin. Coaching staff overhaul. As a fan all I expect is a front office that shows they want to try and win and I believe ours is. We have a pretty good looking lineup! Pitching just got a little more interesting. I think we are in a good spot! 

Other than you Dodger fans, I'm curious to hear if you're excited or dreading the 2024 season!!

Go Giants!!

• Like 1

KC Royals will be a disaster once again. They did sign Witt Jr to a long term but we need pieces around him. It will be a long season. Soler was a Royal and held single season HR record until Salvy Perez broke it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KCCubano said:

KC Royals will be a disaster once again. They did sign Witt Jr to a long term but we need pieces around him. It will be a long season. Soler was a Royal and held single season HR record until Salvy Perez broke it. 

It's not all bad. I thought picking up Seth Lugo and Michael Wacha was a sound decision. Bringing on those two experienced pitchers onto the team won't break the bank and will no doubt assist the team with their knowledge in the big leagues.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

My takeaway from the Seoul Series... former Red Sox big pieces are still good... very fckn good. emoji1751.png

And my disdain for manny machado lives.

• Haha 2

Robert, I'm just happy that you're able to find something in MLB that brings you pleasure

• Haha 2

Don't have any big expectations for the Red Sox this year. Ever since the owner said they traded fan favorite Mookie Betts for "business reasons", (you're welcome dodgers) I could tell they were pivoting to taking advantage of the fervent fan base that will show up even though they aren't paying players. We had a good run for 2 decades, but still wish Henry would sell. Not happening...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rolaand said:

I cannot believe we don’t have any shohei ohtani gambling conspiracy theories yet

See above. It is a huge distraction for the Dodgers. They already had a deal with Trevor Bauer now this. Even if Shohei isn't complicit it definitely isn't a good look for him. He had that squeaky clean image and is a phenom. Honestly I hope his name is cleared. I think he's good for baseball. It's obvious he knew about his translator's gambling problem.

• Like 1

Opening day ! My Giants face the Padres. Bob Melvin knows that team pretty well  😉. As for the Ohtani scandal nothing new to report. It looks to me as if he bailed his buddy out of trouble and his legal team is trying to clean up the mess. Time will tell if more is involved. 

Power rankings have the Braves and Dodgers at 1 and 2. Neither won the world series or appeared in it last year. I'm ready for Baseball!!