....we are going to need a bigger boat...

21 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

The other day we had a blacktip shark up near the boat that was conservatively 5 feet or so (we were fishing for tarpon) and a bull shark came up and ate it almost up to the gills…we were on a 19 foot boat I am guessing the bull was a good 10 feet. Hope this video works (foul language warning)!

IMG_5940.MOV 82.62 MB · 2 downloads

Those were some infested waters. I think I counted about six sharks at the end there when they started heading towards the bow. Were you able to catch anything?

1 hour ago, BoliDan said:

Those were some infested waters. I think I counted about six sharks at the end there when they started heading towards the bow. Were you able to catch anything?

We don’t fish for sharks, we actually try our best to avoid them as you don’t want a big old tarpon or snook to get eaten while hooked and sharks are a pain to yank in. Sometimes you have to leave an area because there are just too many sharks. That day we got a bunch of great fish to the boat. That video was taken about 1/2 mile off the beach near where I live, needless to say my wife may never let my four year old in the ocean after seeing videos like this. 

35 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

We don’t fish for sharks, we actually try our best to avoid them as you don’t want a big old tarpon or snook to get eaten while hooked and sharks are a pain to yank in. Sometimes you have to leave an area because there are just too many sharks. That day we got a bunch of great fish to the boat. That video was taken about 1/2 mile off the beach near where I live, needless to say my wife may never let my four year old in the ocean after seeing videos like this. 

Haha. No, I didn't mean did you catch a shark, I mean were you able to catch anything with all those sharks around your boat going after the fish you caught.

7 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

Haha. No, I didn't mean did you catch a shark, I mean were you able to catch anything with all those sharks around your boat going after the fish you caught.

we did… you gotta winch ‘em in and be ready to break it off if the black shadow shows up!

3 hours ago, SCgarman said:

Good looking fish! How do you prefer to cook them? Pan fried? Baked?

We fillet them. Had mine for lunch today. 

Simply dusted with in a mix of flour and lemon pepper. Pan fried in butter and olive oil.

Simple. Magnificent 👍

• Like 3