Deep Dive: H. Upmann Connoisseur B

El Presidente

H. Upmann Connoisseur B  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

H. Upmann Connoisseur B

I had a 2021 H. Upmann Connoisseur B earlier this week and it reinforced its standing as the classiest Upmann behind Sir Winston. I am not sure if they are up to the standard of the very first releases on "B"......but by God this one was close. 

H. Upmann Connoisseur B

• Do you like  H. Upmann Connoisseur B
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a  H. Upmann Connoisseur B
  • Do the poll!

Let's talk  H. Upmann Connoisseur B   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES

H. Upmann Connaisseur B CL FEB 19.jpg

"I had a 2021 H. Upmann Connoisseur B earlier this week"

It has been the cigar of the week for me. Outside of the 07 SLRDC I had with Ken last Friday, the cigar of the month to date. I have always been a fan of them. Pricepoint however has me smoking far more 1's and 2's. 

Some of the classiest cigars out there and I place them in the same ranks as Esmeraldas, Siglo VI, and the likes but with a different flavor and aroma profile that is very appealing and easy to get used to.

It is very smooth, classy, medium bodied with great aromas, but I find the Bs a bit lighter than the Connie A which is more intense in flavors, despite having a bigger rg size than the As. A few have however had too good of a draw and it's been like smoking air with nothing happening for half a stick.

They usually last 1.5 hours and the good ones have been 92-94 but they could reach higher with time possibly.

I’ve had 3 of them, BRE 2/19.  They are good but nothing special as far as Cuban cigars go. I suspect other/earlier box codes could yield entirely different cigars. 

I have some early 2020 ones (GEM ENE) and damn they are excellent! With some of the nicest rosado wrappers I have ever seen with some sheen.
Can’t speak to the recent production but they are very good. However, price point… I will never buy a box again and will stick to the Connie 1 or A which I prefer.
Was 2019 the first release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t blown away with mine when they were young but I have a few cabs from 2019 that are really showing me something. Love them as a weekend morning cigar with coffee. Get strong sir Winston feels from them now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting...

It's one hard cigar to get here (no LCDH) and I didn't really care until now because, tbh, it has a reputation of being a failure among some of my fellow aficionados.

I have one in my humidor, I guess I'll have to see for myself 🤔