Deep Dive: Cohiba Piramide Extra

El Presidente

Cohiba Piramide Extra   

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep Dive: Cohiba Piramide Extra 

I have always rated the "CPE" every bit as good as a Behike. I don't think I have ever truly been dissapointed with one. 

Cohiba Piramide Extra 

• Do you like Cohiba Piramide Extra 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Cohiba Piramide Extra 
  • Do the poll!

Let's talk Cohiba Piramide Extra   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

cohiba Piramide Extra PSP APR 18.jpg

I've had a few and I've never quite got them. They seem to have a very woody character that doesn't appeal to me. I might agree with John that they could be the strongest Cohiba. Not sure if that's a good thing. Personally I would take a Esplendidos over them every time and probably a Siglo VI or Lanceros as well. I might take the PE over the Robustos however if it was a straight up decision all else being equal. 

• Like 1

In Spain they never delivered boxes to the estancos so for my entire life I purchased tubos packs. My grandfather’s go to until his age pushed him towards more easily approachable cigars (he was this and party Salomones after good family gatherings, Coros and few others for more regular occasions). I have an emotional bias towards this cigar. 

super rich, coffee-mocha as @JohnS is saying I think is spot on. I do find floral notes in them with some age. I yet stand to find a bad PE cigar after all these years. Albeit I can’t find PEs available anymore 🤣

definitely stronger than other Cohibas. I think blend was smoother down a bit a few years ago, would say ~2016-2017 but that can be me getting too used to them. 

big boys cigar. First cigar I smoke in pandemic after a couple months of paranoia not touching my boxes. 

• Like 2

Very limited experience.  I've smoked 2 to be exact.  Both incredibly mind blowing and probably one of my top 5 cigars I've ever smoked.  Tubos from MUR ENE 13.  I have 8 left and they are my most treasured sticks in my collection.

• Like 3

One of my favorite cigars.  Consistent Honey, Bread pudding, creamy cedar, fruit, coffee, a touch of leather and that famous citrus note.  That citrus note stands it apart from all other cigars. They are great young but magical 3+ years.  I have one an untouched 2018 box left and I am going to let it rest another 2 before I crack it open. Will be looking for another box as soon as it comes up on FOH. Worth every penny!

• Like 4

I don't get them...have smoked probably 15-20 CPE and never been blown away. I've smoked exactly one Behike 56 and it was one of the best cigar experiences ever.  I'm not a huge Cohiba guy but prefer Esplendidos over the others I have (Siglo 6, CORO).  When Espys are good they are amazing, but more often than not I find them to be somewhat bland.  (FWIW, my tastes tend toward SLR/Ramon Allones/HU/VR/MC/Trinidad)

• Like 1