Deep Dive: Cohiba Siglo IV

El Presidente

Cohiba Siglo IV   

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deep Dive: Cohiba Siglo IV 

Cohiba Siglo IV generally falls behind its big brother the VI in popularity. I know that within my own group of deck smoking reprobates, those who favour fuller bodied cigars such as the BBF/Mag46/898 tend to gravitate to the Cohiba Siglo IV more than any other Cohiba. To them, it is the fullest of all Cohiba and simply rings their bell. 

Cohiba Siglo IV 

• Do you like Cohiba Siglo IV 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Cohiba Siglo IV 
  • Do the poll!

Cohiba Siglo IV  :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

Cohiba Siglo IV CL 2021.jpg

Different to the Cohiba Siglo VI and the other Linea 1492 vitolas. I would concur, fuller in body. I've never connected with the Siglo IV in the same way as other Siglo cigars but I'm still trying on the odd occasion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd take a Siglo III (or V, if you can find them) over a Sig IV although I still get oodles of the honey flavours and find them very aromatic, more so than most others. I luckily got a few boxes on 24:24 before cigarmageddon a few months back so will chew through them slowly !

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE the Siglo IV. This one and the Coronas Especiales are my favorites of the Cohibas, even though the profiles on the two are very different. With the CCE I pick up more beany notes, vanilla bean, coffee bean, and while the flavors are rich, they more a bit milder. I find the Siglo IV to have much more "in your face" flavors, the coffee flavor is more like a French roast, and the cocoa is like a bitter dark chocolate. I found that the coffee note on these tends to grow stronger with age on the same scale that the grassiness of youth subsides.

I had a box from 2006 that I have pretty much smoked through and they have stayed full of flavor throughout the years, and while at one point I thought they peaked at around 2012-2013 due to couple I had a few years later, but I had one from the same box a year or so ago and it was fantastic. 

As far as cigars in the same size, the Corona Gorda is one of my favorite sizes with the H. Upmann Mag46 and the RA Superiores also being in my top 10 cigars. The Punch Punch, JL1, and discontinued Bolivar and Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra being some cigars I also love. The Siglo IV is probably behind the Mag46 in my ranking, maybe that is just because I have smoked far fewer Siglo IV due to the price difference.