2022 Releases (regular production)

• Bijan changed the title to 2022 Releases (regular production)
1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Montecristo Slam...say it ain't so. 

I was going to say, they probably intended that to be part of the open line 😂, then realized it is actually going to be part of the open line 🤯

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Montecristo Slam...say it ain't so. 

Seems they are fully aware it ain’t going to be a Grand Slam.

12 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

LGC Turquinos, absolutely yes. 

Fair enough but they should see that they get churned out some MdO4s...

5 hours ago, Fugu said:

Seems they are fully aware it ain’t going to be a Grand Slam.

Fair enough but they should see that they get churned out some MdO4s...

Yes, should be called grounded into double play. Or maybe slice into the woods to keep it golf-centric. 

I guess we know what they've been doing with all that hoarded LGC leaf now. If we're not going to get MdO4 I'll take these, and a Gorditos is perfectly fine with me. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

and a Gorditos is perfectly fine with me. 

In fact I am looking more forward to the upcoming LCDH release (whenever that might be). Still, I’d prefer to be able to continue stocking up on 4s!

3 hours ago, Fugu said:

In fact I am looking more forward to the upcoming LCDH release (whenever that might be). Still, I’d prefer to be able to continue stocking up on 4s!

If you're referring to the Flechas these are going to be JL Seleccion Especial style, meaning $40 each. Hard pass. Give me the $12 each 10 box Galanes style Turquinos (hopefully). 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

If you're referring to the Flechas these are going to be JL Seleccion Especial style, meaning $40 each. Hard pass.

Ah, ok, wasn’t aware of that. Thanks. Expected something along the lines of Inmensos, RAS etc. I.e. the more fairly priced no-frills releases.

11 hours ago, Fugu said:

Ah, ok, wasn’t aware of that. Thanks. Expected something along the lines of Inmensos, RAS etc. I.e. the more fairly priced no-frills releases.

That's hopefully where the Turquinos ends up. But yes, I would have preferred the Flechas vitola be the basic packaging. 49 x 156 much preferred to the 50 x 141 Gordito. 

Also it's Glorias. Flechas is the vitola. My mistake.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Also it's Glorias. Flechas is the vitola. My mistake.

Ahhh, HSA’s inflationary use of historic names with no relation whatsoever to vitola. And in particular of “Glorias“... :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Ahhh, HSA’s inflationary use of historic names with no relation whatsoever to vitola. And in particular of “Glorias“... :rolleyes:

Yeah, they've used Glorias twice before. A discontinued Gran Coronas and the 2016 5th Ave ER. Flechas was also a discontinued perfectos. And Turquinos was a discontinued short panetela.

I mean are they really so strapped for names they have to steal old ones for new cigars? They seem to come up with goofy vitola names all the time for other cigars. This new Monte Open is an Idilicos? More like Idioticos. How many different lengths of 52 RG can they come up with? What's wrong with the Edmundos, Magicos and Petit Edmundos? We're going to get a vitola for every mm eventually. Meanwhile we can't get a Hermosos No. 1 or 2 to save our lives. 

How brainless do you have to be to use HU Regalias for the Linea Retro when you already have a crappy Regalias in production? For god's sake they have a discontinued Marevas called Kings! Works pretty well alongside the RyJ Club Kings I think. And if they didn't like that they had Aromaticos and Exquisitos available. Good gracious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

How brainless do you have to be to use HU Regalias for the Linea Retro when you already have a crappy Regalias in production?

You are actually bringing up a good point here. This is a truly odd case. And the new Línea Retro edition Regalías seems having been changed to a “Marevas” recently. Was considering to post something up in the CCW section.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

How brainless do you have to be to use HU Regalias for the Linea Retro when you already have a crappy Regalias in production? For god's sake they have a discontinued Marevas called Kings! Works pretty well alongside the RyJ Club Kings I think. And if they didn't like that they had Aromaticos and Exquisitos available. Good gracious. 

I'm kind of glad they did that, and revealed their hand, instead of calling them some retro name while just putting regalias in a tin.

I'll probably buy some of the Punch triunfos retro PCs that come out, but I'm very sceptical of any retro PCs/marevas from a brand that already has cheap PCs in the lineup.

8 hours ago, Bijan said:

I'm kind of glad they did that, and revealed their hand, instead of calling them some retro name while just putting regalias in a tin.

I'll probably buy some of the Punch triunfos retro PCs that come out, but I'm very sceptical of any retro PCs/marevas from a brand that already has cheap PCs in the lineup.

If they are putting in standard Regalias then yes, but are they? I have literally heard nothing about the LR Regalias vs. the standards. I think it's safe to say the Capitols and the Club Kings are pretty decent quality. Standard Regalias are clearly not. 

34 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Standard Regalias are clearly not. 

Flavour wise or construction? Lol, i just bought 2 boxes...tbh i bought them thinking if JFK liked them (petit corona) why would i not...

I'm not very into Upmanns, i still have a half full Noella Jar, not very excited about them and i had some various magnums which were very good.

36 minutes ago, vladdraq said:

Flavour wise

HU Regalias 25s, Majestics, Epicures and the tubos are generally thought of as cheap and cheerfuls. In my experience they are not using premium leaf. You'll find a similar approach with cigars like Hoyo Palmas Extra & Coronations, Punch tubos, RyJ tubos, Belvederes, Coronitas en Cedros and Partagas de Luxe.

• Like 2

I don't think since 2002/2003 there has been a single pair of cigars that had the same name but were different blends, much less two cigars with the same name and vitola that were different blends. In fact even back in the days when they had two cigars with the same name one machine made and one handmade they invariably were different vitolas. (like the Petit Upmann above). All that to say I am very suspicious of this choice of name/vitola.

41 minutes ago, Bijan said:

I don't think since 2002/2003 there has been a single pair of cigars that had the same name but were different blends, much less two cigars with the same name and vitola that were different blends. In fact even back in the days when they had two cigars with the same name one machine made and one handmade they invariably were different vitolas. (like the Petit Upmann above). All that to say I am very suspicious of this choice of name/vitola.

That would only have been a difference in packaging version and yes, before 02 different packaging could have different blends. Strangely the few that survive today (BBF, RASS, Lusi, Hoyo DC, Party Shorts) never notably differed from DB to cab. 

It would be odd if they really did try and put the standard Regalias next to the much higher quality Club Kings and Capitols. Even if it is the same rename it for goodness sake. You're charging 4x the price. At least make me think it might be different. That cigar is nothing to be proud of. They're tainting the entire LR with that cigar and if it isn't the standard Regalias, the name. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

That would only have been a difference in packaging version and yes, before 02 different packaging could have different blends. Strangely the few that survive today (BBF, RASS, Lusi, Hoyo DC, Party Shorts) never notably differed from DB to cab. 

It would be odd if they really did try and put the standard Regalias next to the much higher quality Club Kings and Capitols. Even if it is the same rename it for goodness sake. You're charging 4x the price. At least make me think it might be different. That cigar is nothing to be proud of. They're tainting the entire LR with that cigar and if it isn't the standard Regalias, the name. 

Totally agree. Come up with a different name for f's sake! I have both the Partagas and Romeo. Not mind blowingly great but solid. I would pick up a 5er tin of Regalias just to sample. The few reviews I have seen say pretty average. Maybe ok with a few yrs down. 

• Like 3

On 9/4/2022 at 10:58 PM, Bijan said:

Hi, I don't know if this was posted yet, but I just saw on CCW there are 4 new regular production releases upcoming this year:

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.3
La Gloria Cubana Turquinos
Montecristo Slam
Vegueros Centrogordos

Epicure No.3 Originales 54 × 125 mm (4⅞″) Robusto

Turquinos Gordito 50 × 141 mm (5½″) Robusto Extra

Slam Idilicos 52 × 142 mm (5⅝″) Robusto Extra

Centrogordos Centro Gordo 54 × 100 mm (3⅞″) Petit Robusto

Not my cup of tea, but Robustos and Robusto Extras are pretty popular these days!

Edit: Also looks like 2021 releases are pending, as well as one from 2020 and one from 2019

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/cigar/releasestatus/2021

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/cigar/releasestatus/2020

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/cigar/releasestatus/2019

Those are already listed in the Coprova's listing (French distributor), wich means nothing but only give a first idea about price range, even if they will certainly arrive in... hum, let's be positive : 2023?

Epicure No.3 is close to $20  ( packaging is box of 10 or 25, also avaiable in pack of 3 tubes for $63)

LGC Turquinos is around $16 ( box of 10)

Montecristo Slam is $25 ( box of 20, also avaiable in pack of 3 tubes for $81)

Vegueros Centrogordos is $10 ( metal box of 16 or 4x4 pack )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After seeing the post above I ended up checking if I could access my regional distributors catalog, just to confirm that I have to search for some on my wanted list outside of the territory. The answer is yes, qdocc/du depute/Connie1 are not distributed here.. Anyway, back on track! 

I noticed they've added a Hoyo de monterrey Souvenir de Luxe to the línea retro sometime recently (at least recently added to the Habanos nordic catalog). Quick CCW search and it only lists the old one, so I wonder if this is a 2022 release as well? @ATGroom, or anyone else heard of these? I can't recall reading about this but I could've just missed it. Few screenshots for reference, taken from the Habanos nordic catalog (2021-2022);

Screenshot_20220913_174706.jpg.30611d3fce3feecd8ceba0376ce8e4ad.jpg

And from ccw:

Screenshot_20220913_174725.jpg.aa9431f752531483004db00676205e66.jpg

Screenshot_20220913_174751.jpg.68682ab628f0684f31a02e48d86f0e47.jpg

No sign of punch triunfos in the wild yet so it might be a while before these appear but anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2