What's up for the weekend?

Going to celebrate my nephews 4th birthday on Saturday.  My brother in law will make street tacos for the get together.  A cigar with him after eating with a few beers.  Sunday I got a brisket to throw on the smoker.  It's a big one so it will take all day.  Too hot to do much else.    

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lomey said:

Going to celebrate my nephews 4th birthday on Saturday.  My brother in law will make street tacos for the get together.  A cigar with him after eating with a few beers.  Sunday I got a brisket to throw on the smoker.  It's a big one so it will take all day.  Too hot to do much else.    

Calling for 102 here tomorrow. 

• Sad 2

Heat advisory in my locale.  Went cycling for 90 minutes this morning before it got too above 90F.  Going to watch Qualifying for the French GP, do some gardening, smoke an undecided cigar late this afternoon then go to a "Fiesta Party" our town is sponsoring.  Out town (officially a city) has a huge concentration of Brazilians.  I am expecting to see some eye candy and good food at the Fiesta.   Dog is staying home; too hot for her.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Heat advisory in my locale.  Went cycling for 90 minutes this morning before it got too above 90F.  Going to watch Qualifying for the French GP, do some gardening, smoke an undecided cigar late this afternoon then go to a "Fiesta Party" our town is sponsoring.  Out town (officially a city) has a huge concentration of Brazilians.  I am expecting to see some eye candy and good food at the Fiesta.   Dog is staying home; too hot for her.

Thunderstorms ruined my ride today so watched the TdF time trial instead. Bike trainer later instead. Gonna be a hot one for sure. Glad you had a good ride!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jakebarnes said:

Thunderstorms ruined my ride today so watched the TdF time trial instead. Bike trainer later instead. Gonna be a hot one for sure. Glad you had a good ride!

Saw time trials today as well.  Pretty brutal course.  Seeing riders in the drops out of the saddle on those bikes was impressive.  Every summer I get new bike fever.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 4:41 PM, Heels82 said:

Took four years of Portuguese (Brazilian) in college even though the school only required 3 years due to my Portuguese 4 teacher being an absolute smoke show.  Money well spent.  👀🔥  

A little disappointing on the eye candy.  Maybe two or three, but it wasn't as big an event as I thought it would be.

• Sad 1

Finished up the brisket really late last night. Held it overnight and sliced up today. Point is cubed up to be turned into burnt ends.

Ended up doing smash burgers for the first time in the griddle for dinner last night. Man they were good!

0dda54dfc3868198e570e785fd175d63.jpg

a376824e4da0e0109a95002d353c4bd1.jpg

efa66e7a86a206f86fddedacb6f7adea.jpg

d9353471ea11f13142a65deec790b4dc.jpg

8b7ae10756456823b5a0696c6516a4c8.jpg

07964ac065205517bde0005d37127e77.jpg

3ec5cda137f201d9ddbb56456ba09a70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2