Deep Dive: Romeo y Julieta Churchill

El Presidente

Romeo y Julieta Churchill   

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Romeo y Julieta Churchill

They were superb in 2019 and 2020.....were getting thin in early 21 and have disappeared completely by mid 21. 

The world needs a good non Cohiba Churchill!

Let's talk the Romeo y Julieta Churchill

• Do you like  Romeo y Julieta Churchill?
  • Where does it stand in the ranks of the other larger format cigars?
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Romeo y Julieta Churchill?
  • Do the poll!

R&J CHURCHILL! :cigar:

Romeo y Julieta is probably my least favorite Cuban marque. The Churchill on top of that is a cigar that has consistently disappointed me. Had a box of 2013 and a box of 2020 that were just muddled, tight draw and some were extremely plugged. Call it bad luck I guess.

Given how much I love the churchill size, it sucks that one of only three Cuban churchills that remain is a consistent bad egg for me.

• Like 2

RyJ Churchill was a favorite in the 1990s. Not the same richness now IMHO, but still very pleasant cigar. I still think it blows the doors off HDM DC and punch DC. About even with Lusi, which I also thought was better in the late 1990s. I also think punch DC outperforms HDM DC. Over 25 years I’ve never had a HDM DC really impress me…but I like fuller flavored blends. 

i've had several and have never been impressed. i even bought a few of the anejados hoping to taste what everyone else loves, but no dice. i finally had a "good" one about a year ago, but it wasn't good enough to purchase more.

i definitely don't get it.

-dobbs

I get it, although I sadly don't have time for them often. The format is classic and allows the blender's skill to show  in the form of evolution taking place over the length of the cigar. It was the first CC I ever smoked, decades ago, and so there is that attachment as well. Always get an impression of an earlier era of the Cuban cigar world when I fire one up. 

4 hours ago, Fugu said:

One of those cigars where the tubed version is consistently better, consistently more consistent than the standard db-version. My experience.

100%, was just going to post "buy in tubo."

• Like 1