What about The Joker??Vaxx or no…

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

are you talking about djokovic needed to be vaxxed to play in the aussie open (or yet another batman film)? entirely up to him. if he wants to play he needs to be vaxxed. same for them all. far t

i've no idea where you are from. let's say the US, but insert whatever country is appropriate. now say that the US (or whatever country) has established certain rules and regulations pertaining t

For the record, I don't care if you are vaxxed or non vaxxed. I personally don't know what the vaxxed have to fear from the unvaxxed.  Great tennis player. What makes djokovic a tool (in my eyes)

Just now, El Presidente said:

Mind you, some countries "rules" are simply obnoxious.

Agreed. You don't have to go.

He is still a tool

worse than obnoxious but good luck finding a country that is okay with a squillionaire sportsman from the other side of the planet explaining that to them. 

• Like 1

for what it is worth, i think novac is a supremely talented tennis player - seen him live several times. i like him. i think he has perhaps a slightly odd personality and i think this gets magnified with the spotlight and i am not sure he is good at reacting to that. kyrgios is also very talented though far short of novac and much more of a dickhead. i think when novac comes across as a dickhead, it is more accidental whereas kyrgios works very hard at it. what he has done should be more than enough to have him kicked out for good, but i don't think (or know of) of examples of this level of behaviour which can be attributed to novac. but this is a side issue for this thread.

no one is forcing anything on novac. it is his choice. lord knows how many times this has to be said. to suggest otherwise is to deliberately fudge the facts. i hope he plays, but if he does not comply with the requirements to enable him to do so (and this goes for them all), his choice and so be it. 

for me, this thread was nothing more than an end run to get a debate going on vax or not and to push the anti-vax agenda - lunacy to me and we have had the debate endlessly here. happy to have it again, but i'd prefer to see it done honestly rather than to try and disguise it behind this. if people do not want to get vaxxed, up to them, but if that is the choice they make, accept the consequences. in a lot of countries, expect to have different lives for the vaxxed and anti-vaxxed. for those that choose no vax, fine, but don't bleat. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bmac said:

Wrong- I’m fully vaccinated and plan to get booster next month

if that is the case, you would impose someone who is not on us, presumably simply so you can enjoy some tennis, safe and sound, far away? our citizens should be put at risk?

we'll take the risk for your pleasure? how very noble. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

Please. What crap

Our "citizens" will have 20% of adults unvaccinated by the time the Oz open snorefest rolls around. Are you going to move them offshore?

The tool follows the rules of the airlines or not,What do we care? They are primadonas with  racquets hitting a ball over a net. What are we missing if one tool doesn't turn up? It's not life saving  surgery!

Tell him to piss off and move on. Or not. Why is any sleep being lost

tennis never been your fave sport, has it.

airlines and govts. 

did i not say i would not lose a second's sleep if he and others were excluded? isn't that what you are also saying? 

18 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

tennis never been your fave sport, has it.

airlines and govts. 

did i not say i would not lose a second's sleep if he and others were excluded? isn't that what you are also saying? 

My only contention is that we don't need to run daft arguments about saving the populace.

Covid is well entrenched. People who want be vaccinated are vaccinated or will be by January Oz open.

Let the cards fall as they may.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I personally don't know what the vaxxed have to fear from the unvaxxed. 

Breakthrough infection - you’re more likely to be sick if you’re unvaxed, and those with Delta shed so much virus that it can overcome vaccine protection. Granted, when vaccinated you’re much less likely to have serious complications, but you’re also able to infect others, continuing propagation of the virus (and possible mutation). And some of those vaccinated, especially the very old or immune-compromised, still do get very sick. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, larry said:

Don’t understand what makes him a tool. Not being a sheep like the people criticising him?

Forcing beta stage vaccines on people is criminal, taking one is idiotic.

Sorry, who's forced to do what now? No gun to his head last I heard unless you have a link. He's free to do as he wishes. 

Maybe they want him vaccinated so he doesn't get ill there and continueto dominate the tourney,  not him possibly importing more 'vid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, therealrsr said:

👍 The notion that a large component of both sides of big arguments in my country can't see this about themselves is laughable.  Side x:  You must get vaccinated, but my body my choice for reproductive health.  Side Y:  You do not have reproductive health rights, but I have vaccine rights.

I am just pointing it out and not taking any sides!  Peace. 

It really is amazing. Im all for choice on Vaccines, and dealing with the real/potential consequences of making either choice. 

I'd be fine with mandatory abortions though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

Not in the sense of forcing behavior on others of course - just those restrictions needed to protect themselves. 

i thought that the US Supreme Court had declared that vaccinations can be made mandatory - this was ages ago, not re covid. 

all linked, to a degree, to their view - his right to swing his fist stops at your nose. 

• Like 1