PLPC Cigar Review According To My KISS Principle

Nino

You can keep ' em. I'm trading mine off for something better. Burn and construction don't mean much when the flavor notes are one dimension and boring. These sticks are not rolled with premium grade leaf. Prove me otherwiseΒ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYgarman said:

You can keep ' em. I'm trading mine off for something better. Burn and construction don't mean much when the flavor notes are one dimension and boring. These sticks are not rolled with premium grade leaf. Prove me otherwiseΒ 

I am certainly keeping them, muchas gracias - your choice is perfect, no problem as long as you get "something better".

As the Spanish saying goes : Para Gustos Hay Colores ... πŸ™‚

I only mentioned burn and constructionΒ  ( and a bit of the taste ) as it was a KISS review and not a Halfwheel detailed report.

I am just a cigar smoker, not a reviewer, nothing to prove here, just smoking a good cigar and recording it.

You prove me those sticks are not rolled with decent Cuban leaf πŸ™‚

Why the "personal touch" - I only saw the PLPC thread AFTER I posted my non-review, bad timing for you ?.

I stand by my non-review.

Β 

Β 

• Like 3

Thank you for this review, @Nino! I like how you mention that the PLPC you are smoking is 'as hard as a rock'. It goes to show that just because Cuban cigars can be like that out of the box, it doesn't necessarily mean that the draw will be affected. Also, I have a feeling I know how you felt after smoking this. For me, after many years of enjoying Habanos cigars, I get a pleasure when the simple regular production cigars 'WOW' me! πŸ˜‰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As to the premium leaf comment I feel the same way. PLPC is the only CC outside the short filler ones where I just get plain tobacco flavour and little else.

Edit: can't say that's a sign of not premium but that's not to my taste.

6 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Thank you for this review, @Nino! I like how you mention that the PLPC you are smoking is 'as hard as a rock'. It goes to show that just because Cuban cigars can be like that out of the box, it doesn't necessarily mean that the draw will be affected. Also, I have a feeling I know how you felt after smoking this. For me, after many years of enjoying Habanos cigars, I get a pleasure when the simple regular production cigars 'WOW' me! πŸ˜‰

Thank you @JohnS - It was indeed hard as a rock and I've had many other instances where it happened and the cigar delivered brilliantly. So why not mention it ?

I felt happy and satisfied with that cigar, it gave me pleasure and I thought why not record it, but I guess I stumbled into a big PLPC discussion that I didn't know of and now I'm screwed πŸ™‚

2 minutes ago, Bijan said:

As to the premium leaf comment I feel the same way. PLPC is the only CC outside the short filler ones where I just get plain tobacco flavour and little else.

Edit: can't say that's a sign of not premium but that's not to my taste.

OK, hands off then - don't buy it, don't smoke it, don't even look at it - listen to your taste πŸ™‚

• Like 3