Quintero question???

14 hours ago, Fugu said:

As for the Favoritos, I‘ve had the odd one giving a CoRo the literal run for its money. @NSXCIGAR if you haven’t had one yet, I’d wholeheartedly suggest give them an open-minded try.

I tried one of my Favoritos tonight. It was almost 2 grams over official weight but super loose draw. It smoked well, but as with most short fillers I've had mainly strong tobacco with a tiny bit of twang. Probably best short filler cigar I've had, but that's not saying much. I'd give it somewhere between 2 and 3 out of 5. Maybe 3/5 for being an interesting change.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bijan said:

I tried one of my Favoritos tonight. It was almost 2 grams over official weight but super loose draw. It smoked well, but as with most short fillers I've had mainly strong tobacco with a tiny bit of twang. Probably best short filler cigar I've had, but that's not saying much. I'd give it somewhere between 2 and 3 out of 5. Maybe 3/5 for being an interesting change.

*Agreed:  the Favoritos, while reputedly handmade and robusto size are VERY loosely filled and full of empty air.  I found I got much more satisfaction out of the original 40 ring gauge regular Quintero productions.

On 12/30/2020 at 5:47 PM, cigcars said:

*Well you know cigar tobacco is highly absorbant.  Are you sure you weren't storing your smokes in the garage or something, where it picked up those aromas and such??

?

We were having a bit of mirth describing this marca as a yard cigar. Agreed that sitting down for one out of 25 that surprises or competes is simply not worth the 24 other sit downs. 

• Like 1