Best/easiest to use propane patio heater

For nights that demand extra heat, consider combining your propane solution of choice with an electric blanket. Been doing this for years, with no other heat source. Works great! It actually traps the heat so you’ll feel warmer, rather than just heating the air which quickly dissipates into the atmosphere. I live in Southeastern PA - it gets cold out.

828DD512-CF68-4956-9F56-446A453B08A4.jpeg.9d71c7d8ac05f683cb2b70026ff829e2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Propane patio heaters are really good when it’s cold. The problem is that it is mostly hot and humid where I am from, and that is why we use heaters two months a year. When it is hot outside and chilling in the garden, the best solution against the high temperature is patio misting. One day while I was browsing, I randomly found a website that had a list of the best patio misters, and I decided to get one. It was a great purchase since the patio mister cooled down the whole garden, and I also used it for the plants. That is why I would love to recommend it to everyone who is looking for a good patio mister.

It can get pretty damn cold here in winter. 

When that icy Brisbane chill hits, you had better be prepared. 

I have found the following to do the job quite well and it is affordabe.  I have two of them. You cant be too prepared :thumbsup:

The Long Sleve Shirt 

1.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 6:27 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

50 degrees? That is still shorts weather. :)

No kidding - 45F or warmer plus little to no wind means I'm in the patio pavilion with the electric infrared heaters on and a sweatshirt.

Biggest problem here is wind, and with the leaves down, it's definitely windier in the winter.  Other problem is that it gets VERY cold.  So much so that my attempt at propane heat failed since the fuel lines and regulator froze up.  Electric heat is definitely more reliable.  No need for fuel refills either.

• 1 year later...

This thingie looks cool. It looks like it puts out some serious heat, so you won't have to worry about freezing your butt off anymore. And the best part is, it's super easy to use! No more 5-minute purge cycles or stiff dials to worry about. Just turn it on like a barbecue, and you're good to go! I've been using it for a while now, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed. It's also really durable and looks great on my patio. So if you're looking for a reliable and easy-to-use patio heater, you should definitely check it out. Trust me, you won't regret it!

Note, I am very intolerant of the cold.  My hands turn to bricks and my feet freeze very easily.

I use two heaters on really cold days.  A tower works well unless there is a breeze then most of the heat is lost.  Also, they don’t keep your feet warm at all.   I also use a one head or two head (I have both) attached tank heater.   The low tank heater keeps my legs and feet warm while the tower keeps my head and hands warm.   

It really depends on your tolerance.   I can use a fleece throw on my legs and a heavy sweatshirt with this setup and I may get rid of the throw at some point during my outing.  Low 40s is decent, but if it’s in the 30s and colder with a wind it’s still cold outside.    I will not wear a winter jacket, gloves or a hat (a hood works though) to go outside.   Sneakers and a thick sweatshirt is all I use with this setup. 

A cheap tower heater is under $125 and a dual head tank heater is about $90.   Cheap money.  The dual head can have only one head running if it’s not that cold.   If you buy a tower, get the all stainless one as the painted ones can chip and rust pretty easily.   You can also get a tower cover that works well when it’s in outside storage.  Not really needed for a stainless one though.  

3 hours ago, 01Vert said:

I use two heaters on really cold days.  A tower works well unless there is a breeze then most of the heat is lost.  Also, they don’t keep your feet warm at all.   I also use a one head or two head (I have both) attached tank heater.   The low tank heater keeps my legs and feet warm while the tower keeps my head and hands warm.   

I also use 2 heaters when very cold. One electric/infrared and one 2 head tank top. That tank top if well aimed would melt my boots 😂

I just need one that's easier to light. When it gets really cold, pushing in the metal switch to get gas flow high enough to light is really painful. I got the cheapest one at the time to test the waters, but look for a better one nezt time.

In the process of building a new house with a detached 2 story garage. She gets the house and I get the garage for a "personal shop" and man cave. Oh she done screwed up now. You think the house is nice? Wait until you see my man cave on the garage second floor. I'm thinking oak framed walls? No heater needed. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nevrknow said:

In the process of building a new house with a detached 2 story garage. She gets the house and I get the garage for a "personal shop" and man cave. Oh she done screwed up now. You think the house is nice? Wait until you see my man cave on the garage second floor. I'm thinking oak framed walls? No heater needed. 😁

Love it. We built a 10 car garage with an attached house. 😉