Pete Johnson interview with Boveda

Cigars, wine, music, and dogs. I found this interview amazing. Tatuaje is my favorite non cuban brand. If you have some time, check this out. Interesting stuff about blending cigars, and fantastic story about how he entered the cigar industry. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, inter4alia said:

I've only tried a handful of his cigars and they all clobbered me with strength. Any on the mild or medium side that you have tried and recommend? 

The cabaiguan line is mild compared to the regular red and brown label lines. The black label petit lanceros are excellent milder sticks as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've only tried a handful of his cigars and they all clobbered me with strength. Any on the mild or medium side that you have tried and recommend? 

Cabaguan line as the others have said, and I would try the brown label (not the reserva unless is the SW reserva)

The black label is great too, particularly the corona gorda. Mind you the 2013 release in the jar was the best, the recent production black label CG doesn’t seem to meet the standards of the older ones.

The new Escasos are excellent too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, inter4alia said:

Not sure which you've tried but compared to the others, Havana VI and Nuevitas line for me are on the milder side of their lines.  I agree with @Cayman17 on the Cabaiguan sentiment. Also try L'Atelier, a sub-brand of Tatuaje.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cayman17 said:

The cabaiguan line is mild compared to the regular red and brown label lines. The black label petit lanceros are excellent milder sticks as well. 

I agree the tat black label in either corona gorda or petite lancero would be one of the few NC's I would smoke again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Cabaguan line as the others have said, and I would try the brown label (not the reserva unless is the SW reserva)

The black label is great too, particularly the corona gorda. Mind you the 2013 release in the jar was the best, the recent production black label CG doesn’t seem to meet the standards of the older ones.

The new Escasos are excellent too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what i would do for another jar or 2. they were amazing!

• Like 1