Your daily cheap and cheerful

Bijan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RG Perlas. Bittersweet this time, rather than sweet.

El Principe. Perfect morning cigar. Nothing too complex, just below medium bodied,great draw and burn plus the freaking awesome flavors. Just sitting here posting this my mouth is watering. I'm gonna

H. Upmann Epicures. It is one of two 35 ring gauge cigars left along with the RyJ Sports Largos. Both outstanding for the price. Started with coffee and shortbread standard H Upmann flavours, the

• 4 weeks later...
Revisited the Tapados except did the water dip technique that I saw on this forum. Didn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but it did improve the smoke. Still one dimensional but I liked the flavors better. Before there was a strong mineral taste that I didn't care for. This cigar didn't have as much of that and had a creamier flavor. Almost a buttered toast. 
1220201103.jpg.308108e964831536df253179fd3f51da.jpg

Interesting. I’ve felt the same way about those smokes. I’ll have to give the dunk method a test. Did you wipe it down before smoking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Hollywood Ninja said:

Interesting. I’ve felt the same way about those smokes. I’ll have to give the dunk method a test. Did you wipe it down before smoking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After I dunked it I rolled it in a paper towel while I walked out to my shop. When I unrolled it the wrapper was sort of damp feeling but wasn't really wet.

Partagas Aristocrats.
45 minutes. Spice, pepper and twang.
20201222_124004.jpg.e97c7abe88e7149c5617642b664557d4.jpg
One of my favourite cigars, cheap or otherwise. Glad to see there's someone else out there that appreciates these tasty little buggers.

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
21 hours ago, griller said:

Love this subforum! Here's an H. Upmann Regalias from 2020 (can't remember factory code) that was just fantastic! Leather, cafe con leche, nuts, and that Cuban twang. Picked up a box for under $100 and looking for a 2nd now!

20210404_180117.jpg

Absolutely agree! The HU Regalia is one of my favorites too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, griller said:

Picked up this JP Conservas a couple of months ago (unfortunately factory & date unknown; came from a box of 5). Got to say I was impressed! Burn & draw were spot on, even with a wrapper that exhibited a couple of large veins. Flavor was mild to medium, with some "grassiness" at the 1st third, and overtones similar to some Montecristos I've smoked (No.'s 4 and 5). Right at the end of the 2nd third of the cigar, the flavor shifted to a bittersweet baking chocolate. Caught me off guard it was so distinct, as I wouldn't call my palate exactly refined. Anyhow, I took it down to the nub over the course of 80 minutes or so. I've got 4 more that will go great as I man the grill this spring (or am I allowed to say "man" anymore after reading our NASA thread, LOL). 

20210410_180501.jpg

Maybe the cigar tastes better than expected because you're drinking a Schlitz 🤣 - and out of an Old Style pint of all things.  You must've lived around Chicago at some point.

Your timing on this post is perfect since I was just considering buying and trying some of these.  Thank you!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...