Denver Herf

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only had time for a siglo II but it was a great 70 minutes. Had some rare and amazing balvenie from @mtd057. Outstanding stuff. Also for the Caribbean Cask. Enjoying as dram right now.

My first herf was a lot of fun - great cigars, whisky and company.  Looking forward to the next one!

12 hours ago, mtd057 said:

I can help in that department!

@Corylax18 do you know if Stogies and Bogies will let us bring in a few bottles?

I'll ask. I've brought my own bottles before, but they have their own Liquor License, so they get a bit nervous about it.(especially with the Cuban Rum) They have regular whiskey and rum tasting though, so there has to be some work around. I'm planning to stop by the shop Sunday, so I'll have more info then. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going back and forth with Janette at S&B the last few days. She is going to reserve their lounge area for us on the 22nd.

Unfortunately, she asked that we not bring our own liquor, since they're also a bar and make a big of their money selling beer/liquor. But they don't carry wine or champagne, so we are more than welcome to bring either of those. 

There is no cutting fee, but she asked that we each purchase a couple of drinks, a couple cigars, or some accessories. They have a great selection of all three, so it shouldn't be difficult to find something that tickles your fancy. 

They don't have a kitchen, but they are food friendly. There are a couple good restaurants close by that we could do take-out from if there is enough interest.

I think the only thing left to decide is what time, what do you guys think?

13 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

There is no cutting fee, but she asked that we each purchase a couple of drinks, a couple cigars, or some accessories. They have a great selection of all three, so it shouldn't be difficult to find something that tickles your fancy. 

Standard lounge patron practices. My nephew has a birthday that day, so I'll be coming down from Greeley (Don't mind me if I smell like manure) and be a bit late.

• Like 1

I've been going back and forth with Janette at S&B the last few days. She is going to reserve their lounge area for us on the 22nd.

Unfortunately, she asked that we not bring our own liquor, since they're also a bar and make a big of their money selling beer/liquor. But they don't carry wine or champagne, so we are more than welcome to bring either of those. 

They don't have a kitchen, but they are food friendly. There are a couple good restaurants close by that we could do take-out from if there is enough interest.

I think the only thing left to decide is what time, what do you guys think?

Really appreciate you putting it all together. I would suggest 1:00pm but am flexible. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shakinghorizons said:

Happen to have an address? When I type Stogies and Bogies in to Google, it takes me to The Robusto Room.

They're the same spot. Just south of Park Meadows mall, across form the movie theater. Two businesses (for tobacco law purposes) but one owner, same staff, and more room to enjoy cigars and booze!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Robusto+Room/@39.5550082,-104.8791599,21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x876c85a6135f6949:0x9b16f5db613e41c1!8m2!3d39.5550139!4d-104.8792112

12 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

They're the same spot. Just south of Park Meadows mall, across form the movie theater. Two businesses (for tobacco law purposes) but one owner, same staff, and more room to enjoy cigars and booze!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Robusto+Room/@39.5550082,-104.8791599,21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x876c85a6135f6949:0x9b16f5db613e41c1!8m2!3d39.5550139!4d-104.8792112

1 pm until what time? I dont think I can get there until 8pm,... I'll still go if no one is there.

11 hours ago, BoliDan said:

1 pm until what time? I dont think I can get there until 8pm,... I'll still go if no one is there.

Till whenever! I will have to leave by 530ish, but they're open until 2am on the weekends. After about 10 Oclock the vibe shifts dramatically. The DJ starts and things get very "Eastern European" The DJ that plays most nights is Russian and draws a very different crowd than you see during the day. Definitely not my typical scene, but its fun, occasionally. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we're less than a week out, so I thought I would try to firm up the count. 

We have 5 people confirmed so far, How about you @Trimming, @fabes, @dominattorney, @Shelby07?

We will have the lounge space reserved and plenty to drink. Is anybody interested in getting food? There is a Mexican Restaurant and another with "Pub" food nearby that do carry out. There is also a very good chinese/japanese restaurant close by. Let me know if you are interested. 

Thanks for reaching out to me. I’d love to attend but I had made plans a while back.

thanks for putting this together. I’ll keep an eye out for the next one. 

3 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

We have 5 people confirmed so far, How about you @Trimming, @fabes, @dominattorney, @Shelby07?

We will have the lounge space reserved and plenty to drink. Is anybody interested in getting food? There is a Mexican Restaurant and another with "Pub" food nearby that do carry out. There is also a very good chinese/japanese restaurant close by. Let me know if you are interested. 

• Like 1

We have 5 people confirmed so far, How about you [mention=16938]Trimming[/mention], [mention=19208]fabes[/mention], [mention=30262]dominattorney[/mention], [mention=3358]Shelby07[/mention]?

I will be there. I’m good with Chinese food but may wait till that afternoon to decide. I ain’t smart enough to think that far ahead. ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bensava29 said:

I will be there. I’m good with Chinese food but may wait till that afternoon to decide. I ain’t smart enough to think that far ahead. ;)

Haha. Fair enough. We wouldn't want to box ourselves in. 

CHICAGO HABANOS SOCIETY WISHES OUR WEED STATE COMRADES HAPPY HERFING!!!

I shall expect LIVE picture posts!

And, I would LOVE to see some LIVE VIDEO when the Eastern Euro DJ gets going in the wee hours!!!!

• Like 3

Its almost time! I spoke to Janette again yesterday and she may not be there all day, but she let the rest of the staff know we would be there and when. Let me know if you guys need the address or any other info. Otherwise, I'll see you tomorrow!

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buck14 said:

CHICAGO HABANOS SOCIETY WISHES OUR WEED STATE COMRADES HAPPY HERFING!!!

I shall expect LIVE picture posts!

And, I would LOVE to see some LIVE VIDEO when the Eastern Euro DJ gets going in the wee hours!!!!

I wish I could "laugh" and "like" the same post. We'll definitely post some live updates, I cant make any promises about the DJ...……………...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2020 at 8:17 AM, Corylax18 said:

Look forward to partake with a few locals. I will do an honest effort to stop in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VKUTT said:

'Family' emergency. I'm am leaving for the airport now to catch a flight to SFO. My best friend of 35 years (literally since 9th grade, she is FAMILY)...her father died and I absolutely need to be there. So bummed about missing the herf, and am sincerely hoping there will be another one soon. 

I am even considering having a little 'porch party' after the weather gets better. I live in the barrio, but I have a sweet little house with a FABULOUS porch for cigars. Theres a big table and chairs out there, stereo, BBQ, and I have a great bar cart on wheels that can roll right on out there. So I'm thinking about it for April or May.

Have fun guys. I was really looking forward to this one. ☹

That sucks. Don't worry about it, well see you next time!