My first experience with tobacco beetles

3 hours ago, BarryVT said:

Has anyone ever used dry ice? It gets much colder 

-109 F is a bit overkill don't ya think? :rotfl:

• Like 1

as others have said, i would freeze all your cigars. There is nothing from stopping them to go into another box, rather be safe then sorry. Also look at your temp in your humidor. They can hatch at any time but if there are times were your humidity or temp is high, well thats the perfect storm

After you've froze them all to smithereens....go pick up some pectin at your local grocery store.  Mix a little with some distilled water to make a paste and use a tooth pick to mud over the holes.

Put a torch to it and enjoy!  If you hear a little "pop" when you're doing a draw you'll know there was another dead body on the inside. ?

I use the pectin for loose wrappers and such also. Less is more..... don't need much at all just enough to stick things back together.

I don’t freeze and have only had one or two holes over the years. In those cases I plugged with pectin and a small wrapper patch from the cut head and burned em. Smoked and tasted great BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new to the forum and FOH, so I apologize if this question isn't directly related to the OP, but I figured it isn't too off track. Do you all freeze your boxes you purchase from FOH?? Ive got 3 inbound and curious the process you all take, thanks

9 hours ago, Ry27 said:

new to the forum and FOH, so I apologize if this question isn't directly related to the OP, but I figured it isn't too off track. Do you all freeze your boxes you purchase from FOH?? Ive got 3 inbound and curious the process you all take, thanks

we had a poll on this last year. Only around 10% of members freeze all stock coming in from FOH. 

I don't think it is necessary but there is certainly no harm. 

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

we had a poll on this last year. Only around 10% of members freeze all stock coming in from FOH. 

I don't think it is necessary but there is certainly no harm. 

thanks, I will likely be in the 90%