For the love of Frankincense!

I know our sort, enjoying the smell of billowing, burning tobacco. But for many, that's not the effect we're aiming for inside of the home. If you choose to scent your house, what's your go-to choice?

I don't smoke inside, but I do roast coffee on occasion, so I like to burn little bits of sandalwood primarily (in different parts of the world they call it 'oud) afterwards. For at least a couple of days it gives a nice, faint, spicy wood aroma. Then before long pets and kids stink it up again. 

So fine folks of FOH, do you use any oils, incenses, or sprays when you want to freshen up the house?

Smoking is outside only at my abode, and we don't dare try to cover that aroma up. But I know the Mrs. has those B&BW plug-in air fresheners in a few rooms around the house, and she has different aromas for certain time of year; balsam for the holiday season, lavender for spring, fresh laundry for summer time, and so on (not sure the exact scents, just guessing). She also uses scented candles sometimes in the evenings, I like the candles, not just for the aroma, I find candle light soothing especially if we're just chilling with some wine and listening to music. Thankfully, neither of us likes the sickly fruit or spice scented ones like pumpkin spice or strawberry or cinnamon and the like. Those strong scents really turn me off and give me a headache.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmokyFontaine said:

I know our sort, enjoying the smell of billowing, burning tobacco. But for many, that's not the effect we're aiming for inside of the home. If you choose to scent your house, what's your go-to choice?

I don't smoke inside, but I do roast coffee on occasion, so I like to burn little bits of sandalwood primarily (in different parts of the world they call it 'oud) afterwards. For at least a couple of days it gives a nice, faint, spicy wood aroma. Then before long pets and kids stink it up again. 

So fine folks of FOH, do you use any oils, incenses, or sprays when you want to freshen up the house?

NOW yer talkin' MY language!!! :ok:   *I always light some incense when I light up my fragrant Habana stogies. And the incense I use is real Frankincense and Myrrh. If you go on Sensia.com you'll find large sticks of the Frankincense and Myrrh that is rolled in the real spices. And I recommend that site because it's real, real affordable, $6 to $7 per pack as opposed to $11 and $13 per pack or more if you buy them elsewhere. And they've got Frankincense and Myrrh sticks that are Bethlehem region: Greek: Roman: Jerusalem: and Egyptian. These last reasonably long and are OH SOOO FRAGRANT AND NICE, to go along with our fine Havana Seegars!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cigcars said:

NOW yer talkin' MY language!!! :ok:   *I always light some incense when I light up my fragrant Habana stogies. And the incense I use is real Frankincense and Myrrh. If you go on Sensia.com you'll find large sticks of the Frankincense and Myrrh that is rolled in the real spices. And I recommend that site because it's real, real affordable, $6 to $7 per pack as opposed to $11 and $13 per pack or more if you buy them elsewhere. And they've got Frankincense and Myrrh sticks that are Bethlehem region: Greek: Roman: Jerusalem: and Egyptian. These last reasonably long and are OH SOOO FRAGRANT AND NICE, to go along with our fine Havana Seegars!

Yaaaah buddy!  I travel through Dubai with some frequency and have picked up multiple packs of frankincense (didn't enjoy myrrh as much). But the sandalwood both perfumed and natural are really, really calming and smooth. 

• Like 1

I just spent some time in Salalah and Muscat, Oman, so I'm returning with several bags of Frankincense of all grades (from the green crazy-expensive Hawjiri to the brownish "cheap stuff").

I'll try them when I get home and I'll report back how burning the different grades of Frankincense mixes with having a cigar!

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

We burn a lot of Agar Wood at home.  Doesn't get any more exotic and amazing a burning scent than that.  Very popular in the Middle East.  The quality can vary, with the best really being amazing. 

Here is what agar wood looks like

Here it is burning on a coal.  We use a torch to light the coal.  A little goes a long way with the agar wood.

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

• Like 2

I love tantalizing my nose with interesting smells!  Have often said I'd rather lose vision or hearing before taste or smell, haha.

One of my favorite scent companies is Diptyque, their candles in particular.  I find their scents to be unique, specific, balanced, and thoughtful.  A few of my faves:

https://www.diptyqueparis.com/en_us/p/ambre-amber-candle-190g.html?nosto_source=cmp&nosto=620bf56a7f074911763f8eaf

https://www.diptyqueparis.com/en_us/p/john-galliano-candle.html?nosto_source=cmp&nosto=620bf56a7f074911763f8eaf

https://www.diptyqueparis.com/en_us/p/benjoin-candle.html?nosto_source=cmp&nosto=620bf56a7f074911763f8eaf