Been to any good concerts, shows, etc. lately?

That might be hard to follow, @El Presidente ??

Caught Santana last week Saturday thanks to a good friend who had to be out of the country after buying tickets.   Doobie Bros opened for them.   Both bands were fantastic.  The friend I brought has a cousin that works in the VIP lounge and got us passes.   Hanging out there I realized I was sitting next to this guy, so i went over to say hello.   Been a big fan of his for decades....   And he was super cool to boot.  

Bonus points if you know who he is. ?

3E9C7994-3B1C-417E-B8A0-24193F921B79.jpeg

Doing Rolling Stones in a few weeks (first time) and Aerosmith (lots of times).  
Can't wait to experience the Stones!  Coughed up a fortune to be right under Keith Richard's feet.

Stones played last night just north of Toronto. I didn’t go but sounds like it was a great show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I can assure you the Stones won’t disappoint!! Been a couple of times, and it’s been a few years, but they won’t let you down. 

Saw Bob Seger a couple of months ago. What you hear on the radio is what you hear at the concert. It seems that the days of unaltered/non-enhanced music has passed, so going to a Bob Seger concert and hearing what you expect to hear is a real treat. 

Last time I saw the Stones was in 1994. Amazing longevity and it was a good show.

Best semi-recent show for me was Metallica a little over a year ago. They put on the best high energy shows and play lots of old songs along with the new stuff.

• Like 1

I don't go to concerts, but I do go to shows. Last one I went to, I took a friend to see "Forever Crazy by Crazy Horse Paris" when they toured here in Sydney. Next planned show is Dita von Teese's "Glamonatrix" show in December. :lol3:

Midland at the filmore in San Francisco. Midland is an amazing new country band, they’re a mix of George straight and the eagles, but they dress super 70/80’s funky. It was by far the best show I ever went to! 

42 minutes ago, dominattorney said:

Dead and co in boulder. Been every year. Cant wait for Friday night. 

Every year they get better. Bob sounds really good and strong this go round and they are playing a lot of songs that haven't been heard in years. Mayer is killin' it !!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ImTripN2 said:

Every year they get better. Bob sounds really good and strong this go round and they are playing a lot of songs that haven't been heard in years. Mayer is killin' it !!

I agree. Bob was always good but this time around Mayer has hit his stride with the band. He is playing very tastefully and I am excited to see them again. 

I saw Ry Cooder play with Rosanne Cash in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. They played all Johnny Cash music, was a great show. 

Ry Cooder does not play much anymore, unfortunately. He is the one musician I will fly anywhere any time to watch live. Missed his show in Nashville as it was my first fathers day, that is about it. I used to follow the Dead around before Jerry died. Ry is now about it for me in that respect. Going to see him in Boston, Carnegie Hall, and Philly later this year. 

I rarely meet people who have ever even heard of him, to hear him play the guitar live is literally stupefying. 

• Like 2

I go to a lot of shows (mostly metal and punk shows), and have gone to a couple of exceptional ones lately. I went and saw Pile at the bootleg theater a couple weeks ago and that one was amazing. They have a couple of member who were switched out since their previous album and their new one is really good. Another really good show was the Pg.99 and  Majority rule reunion  a few months back. Those are both bands that I have liked for a long time, but really was too young to have seen them when they were first playing shows. On the other hand, I went to see the original Misfits last weekend, and didn't really like it much, though I have never been much of a Misfits fan. They definitely put on a  good show. I am just not much of a fan of their music.

8 hours ago, dominattorney said:

I agree. Bob was always good but this time around Mayer has hit his stride with the band. He is playing very tastefully and I am excited to see them again. 

Agreed.

I was at Gillette, and they were all playing together at a new level.

Some of the interplay between Jeff and John is spectacular.

An already booked trip to Banff next weekend and a just-finished kitchen renovation are the only reasons my wife and I aren't headed to Colorado this weekend. And I had to push back pretty hard to convince her that it doesn't make sense to go. :)

I kind of had to commit to most of Deer Creek through Colorado next summer to get her to back down. ? 

• Like 1

Eric Church in Nashville over Memorial Day weekend at the end of May.  Had no idea who he was, but the wife is a big fan.  Glad I went, since it was his largest crowd to date.  Broke Taylor Swift’s attendance record at Tennessee Titans stadium!