SensorPush vs Wireless Sensor Tag

For those who have both SensorPush and Wireless Sensor Tag hygrometers, can you please tell me which one is better for my Coolidor project (Coleman Marine 6 Xtreme 150 Qt)? I'm planning to buy three HT1 Smart Sensors and a G1 WiFi Gateway for SensorPush while three Pro ALS sensors and a Ethernet Tag Manager for Wireless Sensor Tag.

Note. Have a Amazon promo code from SensorPush by the way.

17 minutes ago, Chef said:

I’ve been using the SensorPush set up.  Working great. I use them in my DIY tupperdors.  

Is that a generic promo code? Please share.  

Thanks! For 20% off promo code I actually received it from SensorPush after asking a question about how many sensors are needed for my previous Wineador project (didn't expect to receive the code from SensorPush). So I'm not sure whether this promo code is same as usual Amazon promo codes (it is single-use and the code varies though)...

I really like the performance and user friendly UI of SensorPush so thinking about buying them (they are available on Amazon too which is +1 for me).

Man that 20% sensorpush code would have saved me a bundle!  With three wineadors, desktop humi, tupperdore, those little buggers add up.  I did call to complain about a wonky sensor one time, and they immediately sent me a new one no questions asked, so that's nice.  There are some less than stellar reviews of sensor tags customer service.

Other than price (which is a fair consideration, especially as your system grows), the only other real differences I can see are battery life, and perhaps ease of use.  For battery life, it seems that the sensor tags last about a year, and I've seen some sensorpush users claim over 2 years.  I'm well over a year on several of mine with no issues.  For ease of use, it seems that the sensor tag software is more configurable, though maybe less intuitive.  Sensor push is dead simple, but more limited.

• Like 1

SensorPush all the way. I've owned a number of hygrometers over the years and nothing is as accurate or as convenient as these little guys. Almost no need to calibrate at all out of the box and app works fantastically well. Worth every penny, and at 20% off I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

My coleman is sitting back home waiting for me to wash out the plastic stink and load it up.  I have the boveda sensors, but hadn't liked them as much, this project is very relevant to my interests

I don’t have sensor tags, but my understanding is that they only operate with a separate wifi hub. 

Sensorpush will operate on their own over Bluetooth, or you can buy a wifi hub to access remotely. 

Of course sensor tag prices are more reasonable for everything. If I weren’t already so deep in sensorpush, I’d consider sensor tags very closely. 

I don't have either but i have the Xiaomi Mi version and for the price it's fantastic.

For £50-60 I got a gateway and 5 sensors..had them for about 1momths now and works really well...even have alerts if the humidit goes over or drop under a set amount

2185ebda2169836781a6f17beb730560.jpg1c765e1c3c3673040ad3ea2feec22fe8.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 hours ago, slowsmoke said:

Man that 20% sensorpush code would have saved me a bundle!  With three wineadors, desktop humi, tupperdore, those little buggers add up.  I did call to complain about a wonky sensor one time, and they immediately sent me a new one no questions asked, so that's nice.  There are some less than stellar reviews of sensor tags customer service.

Other than price (which is a fair consideration, especially as your system grows), the only other real differences I can see are battery life, and perhaps ease of use.  For battery life, it seems that the sensor tags last about a year, and I've seen some sensorpush users claim over 2 years.  I'm well over a year on several of mine with no issues.  For ease of use, it seems that the sensor tag software is more configurable, though maybe less intuitive.  Sensor push is dead simple, but more limited.

15 hours ago, jackupster said:

Sensor Tags can be monitored remotely. I am at the office and here is my 166 bottle winador at home. 

image1.png

Seems that SensorPush is similar to Windows while Wireless Tag is closer to Linux to my eyes. Both of them are way too great to pick just one of them...

11 hours ago, shamz84 said:

I don't have either but i have the Xiaomi Mi version and for the price it's fantastic.

For £50-60 I got a gateway and 5 sensors..had them for about 1momths now and works really well...even have alerts if the humidit goes over or drop under a set amount

2185ebda2169836781a6f17beb730560.jpg1c765e1c3c3673040ad3ea2feec22fe8.jpg

That's really interesting to see! Did you buy them on Amazon??

16 minutes ago, shamz84 said:

Thanks!

Yea...I have the gateway in my lounge and the sensors are dotted around the house not had a problem with them loosing connections.

Also you can monitor remotely...not that I do it...don't really need to as my storage is quite stable. But hand to have

• Like 1

I recently bought the wireless tags and they go ok. The app is terrible but for less than a hundred bucks can’t expect much. It’s better than nothing. Unless the sensor push was far superior I wouldn’t think it’s worth it to be honest. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

I recently bought the wireless tags and they go ok. The app is terrible but for less than a hundred bucks can’t expect much. It’s better than nothing. Unless the sensor push was far superior I wouldn’t think it’s worth it to be honest. 

Thanks! One thing I like SensorPush other than user friendliness is it can be purchased on Amazon which is less complicated for me (Wireless Tag's international shipping is more expensive than Amazon).

I just tested with the 20% discount promo code (34CK-3NGDVC-ZANMWB) from SensorPush again to see whether it can be used by others, but it appears that it can be used only once unfortunately (I already used promo code btw).

770680621_SensorPush1.png.99e3eb19e85acd0242e800e04abfc1ec.png

Here is the amount of deduction after using this promo code

2047326308_SensorPush2.png.5fc826e2c56e328bf7b7a359abb33b2d.png