Trinidad: great when good!

I am a huge believer, the Vigia for me has been a go to smoke and I personally love the flavor profile (even if I hate the size). Sad to hear when people have issues with them re construction.

The '15 Fundadores box, everyone has been bl00dy delicious. One of my first ever box purchases was the Reyes - sadly ran out a while ago and haven't revisited since mainly due to the fact there as so many other releases I've been trying. Also been burning through my '17 Coloniales box however nothing special to note as such but consistent. Not tried enough La Trova to form an opinion and as above the size isn't appealing to me.

RIP Robusto T - we will miss you forever :love:

• Like 1

I love the flavor of a good Vigia!  I only wish they were longer.  The best part of the cigar is right before the nub.  

Trinidad Robusto Extra was my favorite cigar when they were available.  I’m really looking forward to the new sizes coming out this year (?).  And the Trini Book coming out, I am sure will be phenomenal.  I heard they are already rolling the book cigars.  I only hope I can get one before the secondary market prices.

• Like 1

Here's my review of my 1st ever Vigia. I do plan on buying more of these in the future, they really turned me around on the Trinidad line. 

I’m a cautiously reluctant fan. I do get what you mean about the unique taste profile, but I’ve had mixed results.

My first experience with Trini was a 2015 box purchase of Coloniales. A couple of the younger ones were memorable, but overall the box was a real dud, mainly because they tasted more and more like cardboard with time. I’ve also had a few Vigias, which were OK, not real memorable, and such an odd size.

With all the talk around the water cooler, I jumped on the Fundy bus last year. Glad I did, they’re very good, although I’m hoping a bit more time will make the last third more enjoyable. Right now the first third’s the best, then taste slowly diminishes, ending in a bit of harshness - quite the opposite of my experience with CoLa.

Then came La Trova, one of my favorite sticks out there. I’ll take the consistently smooth yet exotic taste of La Trova over Sig VI any day.

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of the Vigia.  Love everything else about Trinidad.  Love the flavor profile, and from my experience, it's generally VERY consistent. Should smoke them more often because it's a winner every time, but for some reason I don't. 

I think my affinity really comes from the now discontinued Robusto Extra and Robusto T.  Absolute home run smokes and I miss them dearly. 

• Like 1

Huge Trini fan here, all round. Every regular vitola in the marca is really good (Fundi is world class), although I do see quite a bit of inconsistency, specially in the Reyes and Vigias. Nonetheless, a good Trini is a fantastic smoke IMO, specially with a bit of age on it (but not too much).

I've been enjoying Trinidad since they became available in the late 1990s.  Their unique profile of cloves, nutmeg etc appeals to me and I consider them amongst the best of the cubans. I have a few late 1990s fundys left and I can't tell much difference from my box of 2015 fundys..both excellent.  2017 & 2018 Vigias have been good to me as well and so have La Trovas.  Coloniales from 2017 have been fairly bland in comparison.