Eid Mubarak everyone!

Yesss!!!! Eid Mubarak, and Tuesday/Wednesday Mubarak to all the non-muslims out there. Haa haa. 

I swear I love this community more each time I visit. 

My schedule was eating at about 3:45am, breaking fast around 8:45pm. Got one cigar in when a co-worker wanted to talk afterhours work, but made him wait until 9pm :P

Nearest mosque is a bit of a drive from my place, not to mention taraweh starts around 11pm out here so I did my own thing at home most nights. 

Couldn't agree more that lack of food and drink is the easy part. The interrupted sleep schedule while trying to maintain a normal work and family schedule is the toughest for me. But I really love how it brings my whole family together, the kids like to get in on it, and it makes for a rather chaotic, but oddly peaceful month of reflection. 

Peace to all!

• Like 1

Eid Mubarak ,Mus and to all your fellow muslims 

• Like 1

How do you guys feel after this is over do you feel lighter more clarity a bigger spiritual connection  really detoxed interested in knowing what the results feel like I know its hard to do 

11 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Mufti Menk

Ismail Menk is amazing. 

Anybody that immediately associates Islam with terrorism or human rights violations should take a few minutes out of their life to see how a true Muslim thinks. 

• Like 2

Eid Mubarak, here is how my day went. After having breakfast with my first cup of coffee for a month I took my son to the mosque for Eid prayers. After that we went back home and he got his Eid present. Spent a couple of hours playing with him and his new toy before I prepared our lunch. In the afternoon I meet up with the online BOTL I had the pleasure of meeting some 15 years ago and we smoked a Siglo VI from 08. He also gifted me a H. Upmann Connie A from 13 and a Connie B he just bought recently. Both cigars were on my to try list. All i n all a wonderful day. Alhamdulillah for everything!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Auspaul said:

How do you guys feel after this is over do you feel lighter more clarity a bigger spiritual connection  really detoxed interested in knowing what the results feel like I know its hard to do 

For me personally, yah, I feel proud of myself for having the willpower, determination and faith to make it through the month, knowing that it means hardships were overcome. As I guess you could say a "first generation" Muslim, to see my kids grow up with a different experience than my own childhood makes me feel great and brings us all closer together. 

"Lighter" is a great way to summarize it. Literally, a lot of us lose weight :P and figuratively, you feel like a more motivated, better person at the end of the month. The trick is trying to keep that feeling and motivation for the next 320 days or so! 

My sincere hope is that all of us can find motivation to strive to be better people, whether that motivation is faith-based or from anything else! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Auspaul said:

Good question. For me it’s about hope that I can continue to atleast some of the things I do during ramadhan. I think this year I’ll try to commit to doing small things intermittently (once a week or something) and see if I can stick to that for the year  see how I go  

A lot of people I work with etc say they’re proud of me and that they couldn’t do it but for me it’s just a normal thing. So yeah the actual fasting thing is just normal to me. 

I actually normally put on weight because I’m a big lunch and no dinner person so going to big dinner and going to  sleep is a bit taxing on my body.

• Like 1